BHI designs, builds, and manages sustainable health-care facilities in some of the most resource-constrained regions of the world: Haiti, Liberia, Malawi, Rwanda, and Sierra Leone.
With an experienced staff of global health, engineering, and construction experts, we oversee planning, design, procurement, shipping, construction, and maintenance of facilities for our international nonprofit partners: Partners in Health (PIH) and St. Boniface Haiti Foundation (SBHF).
With our partners, we believe that access to quality health care is a prerequisite to eradicating poverty. A healthy family can provide for themselves, plan their future, and send their children to school — now and for generations to come.
In just a few years, we have completed seven
major new projects, most in Haiti, including the country's 320-bed teaching
hospital, a maternal-neonatal health center, and several maternal waiting
homes. Current projects in the construction phase include a national
reference laboratory, surgical center, mother's house and sanitation block,
medical resident dorm, climate-controlled warehouse and distribution center,
and residential school.
In addition, BHI is doing a major upgrade and expansion of the existing 500KW solar photo voltaic (PV) system at PIH's Hospital Universitaire in Mirebalais, as well as renovations and updates to 12 PIH clinics across the country.
Our guiding principles:
- We work closely with our partners — global health organizations, government agencies, and the local community — to plan, design, and construct the facilities we build.
- We partner only with organizations committed to strengthening the public health care system so that every person, regardless of ability to pay, has access to quality care.
- We hire local tradespeople on our crews and offer them training in the latest construction and maintenance methods.
- We build to the highest standards, even while working in regions without easy access to materials and equipment.
- We reduce costs by recruiting skilled professionals who volunteer on site and by soliciting donated materials.
- We source local materials and incorporate “green” technology, when we can.
- We work hard to complete each project on budget and on time.
- We build and maintain strong relationships, staying in close contact with staff and community to advise and support long after the ribbon is cut.
- 100 Cummings Center, #120H
Beverly MA 01915-6114
- (978) 969-0920
- [email protected]