Advocates for Africa’s Children (AFAC)
Dedicated to providing for the needs of orphaned children through sustainable projects owned and operated by the local people, our vision is to demonstrate Christ’s love for the children through practical support, nutritious food, and education.
We work closely with churches in Swaziland to build on common goals and to produce strategic plans for encouraging and supporting the people of Swaziland to care for orphans of AIDS and help the community suffering from the pandemic and resulting poverty.
What We Do
- Create sustainable agricultural projects owned and run by local caregivers that provide nutrition and school fees for orphaned children.
- Train orphans and their caregivers in agriculture.
- Provide irrigation and fencing to make farming initiatives more productive.
- Educate the community about HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Encourage HIV testing and use of ARV’s.
- Provide clean water.
- Provide orphan caregivers with the opportunity to start their own businesses.
- Provide vocational training and business opportunities for atrisk, especially young women.
- AFAC Mailing Address, PO Box 283233, Honolulu, HI 96828
AFAC Street Address, 81 S. Hotel St. #313, Honolulu, HI 96813.
- [email protected]