Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to expand your network by working directly with the African Union, United Nations ECOSOC, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, World Bank, African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre and/or YALI? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York or World Bank in Washington DC or globally once the pandemic is over? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded: "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by Harvard University students, who were born and raised in Africa, in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities and in Diaspora, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa by developing positive leadership skills and espousing an honest work ethic.
YALDA US works on: organising virtual events and trainings; keeping young people informed about positive development stories in Africa through social media; researching opportunities in Africa; fundraising activities; establishing and working with branches; maintaining relationships with UN and World Bank, and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit/NGO status.
The YALDA US Fundraising Intern is responsible for assisting us with our Fundraising and Grant Applications Research and Writing. If you love Africa and would love to see her develop, then this opportunity is for you!
- Support team members with database management, prospect research, and writing proposals
- Research funding opportunities
- Create marketing materials to showcase successes and prepare team members for meetings by conducting research and developing strategies
- Understand and create budgets and performance metrics as they relate to grant proposals
- Opportunity to work with organizations such as the African Union, United Nations ECOSOC, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, World Bank, African Development Bank, the International Trade Centre and/or YALI
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- MUST have prior experience in grant writing demonstrated either through course work or as an intern/employee etc
- Ability to prepare a programme/project budget and related descriptions/explanations with very little guidance
- Understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and how to formulate specific performance metrics for M&E of a programme/project independently
- Strong writing and research skills, coupled with an interest in grant writing and the nonprofit sector
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and accuracy of work
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external parties
- Work independently and tackle multiple proposals simultaneously
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
- This is a great opportunity for undergraduate, graduate students and working professionals
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Candidates preferably located in New York, NY or Boston, Massachusetts but candidates from other locations are welcome
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]. Please quote "YALDA US Fundraising Intern" in the subject line.
- Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa
- Job Posting Expires On