Writer/Editor - Partners In Health
The writer/editor will create PIH-focused content for use in print and electronic formats, particularly the PIH website, other digital channels, organizational messaging, and development materials. As part of the Marketing & Communications team, the writer/editor will participate in editorial planning and edit content from Marketing & Communications team members and PIH staff.
Content production (70%)
- Work with PIH staff at country sites and in the Boston office to identify and develop story ideas and turn them into compelling pieces.
- Write interesting and jargon-free articles, profiles, and news stories that inform and engage PIH constituencies, including supporters, the general public, and health care professionals.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Communications team’s production calendars, set, adhere to, and enforce multiple deadlines.
- Schedule and post copy to www.pih.org, including photos and graphics.
- Collaborate with Development to collect, organize, and produce content for donor-centric materials, such as the Annual Report, print newsletters, and Impact report.
Content editing (30%)
- Gather, edit, and package information from PIH staff into content for our website, social media platforms, and other Marketing & Communications and Development materials that is appropriate and appealing to a general audience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least three years of experience as a journalist or professional writer required; five to seven years preferred.
- Proven ability to write and edit material across multiple platforms.
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, and/or Creole a bonus.
- Experience building strong relationships with sources.
- Experience using social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Working knowledge of website content management systems.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style.
- Understanding of and ability to clearly communicate topics related to global health and social justice a bonus.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas as needed.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Exemplary communications skills; ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
- Partners In Health
- Job Posting Expires On