Reports to: Director of Partnerships
Location: Beverly, MA
Build Health International (BHI) is looking for bright, motivated, and driven leader to join our international team.
BHI is a unique non-profit organization working in low-resource settings to develop infrastructure solutions that elevate the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. BHI designs builds, maintains, and provides clinical and operational consulting for healthcare facilities in low and middle-income countries. BHI has worked in over 28 countries and is dedicated to partnering with local ministries of health and NGOs that provide high-quality, accessible treatment to the most vulnerable populations. Grounded in commitments to sustainability, health equity, and local capacity building, BHI is focused on creating real, tangible impacts that will last for years to come.
In order to support our expanding portfolio of design-build projects, we are seeking an ambitious and passionate Warehouse Manager. In this role, the candidate will take an active role in cross-team functions to support BHI’s growing number of global projects and partners. The position will engage with the project management, engineering, construction, and procurement teams. The role will collaborate closely with the Supply Chain and Logistics Manager and report to the Director of Partnerships to meet the growing demand and maximize efficiency of warehouse operations.
The Warehouse Manager will ensure that the department is operating efficiently and accommodating the rapid growth of Build Health International and our global partners. As part of the project fulfillment team, the Warehouse Manager will be involved and responsible for various functions of the department including leading the day-to-day warehouse operations, but not limited to:
- Manage and maintain the overall physical conditions of BHI’s warehouses and storage areas by organizing, planning, developing, and forecasting project and operational needs based on project milestones and timelines.
- Understanding, and implementing BHI’s current processes and procedures, and with a focus on continuous improvement and developing new systems to streamline and automate operations as needed.
- Oversee incoming and outbound inventory, including purchases and donations, and allocating across multiple partners and projects.
- Receiving, processing, and inputting incoming purchases and donations, maintaining inventory systems, and controls.
- Tracking inventory and donations, marking and labeling incoming materials and equipment, referencing our procurement log, and allocation across multiple projects.
- Sorting, organizing, allocating, and transporting BHI inventory across our different sites. BHI currently operates 4 warehouses (1) Beverly, MA, (1) New Bedford, MA, and (2) Plaistow, NH.
- Manage and lead palletization and staging of various equipment, supplies, and construction materials for international project site shipments. Including crating as necessary, and the use of basic power tools and equipment.
- Manage and lead the loading and unloading of ocean freight containers, air cargo, trailers, and trucks which includes pallets, crates, and loose items.
- Responsible for managing warehouse employees to complete necessary tasks, involving the understanding of project budgets and allocation of resources.
- Oversee and lead pickups, deinstallations, and clean-outs including planning, scheduling, and ensuring successful completion in a cost-effective, and safe manner.
- Responsibility for the BHI Box Truck and maintenance, inspections and registrations as required.
- Communicate and troubleshoot problems effectively in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Internal and external communication required with project partners, BHI staff, operational vendors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience managing or demonstrated ability to lead a warehouse team.
- Ability to drive results, problem solve, and find and execute solutions.
- Ability to learn and understand current SOP, and become familiar and trained on software systems such as OpenBoxes & Nav.
- Strong communication skills, flexible, ability to plan, forecast, and adjust as needed to internal & external variables. Must be organized with a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage and track multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Team player who can work across the BHI team and positively represent the organization externally.
- Basic math, computer and data entry skills. Ability to read, interpret and comply with company and department procedures accurately including procurement, logistics and inventory.
- Familiarity with Google Drive systems
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and material handling equipment, including fork trucks, box trucks (BHI 18’ – Rental 26’ straight box trucks), and other equipment.
- Design and build crate and pallets as necessary to secure and safeguard cargo and shipments.
- Ability to independently lift 65 lbs, stand, sit, squat, and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to hold or obtain a MA DOT Medical Card in order to drive straight box trucks
- Ability to travel up to 25%. Ability to work outdoors up to 25%.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
Application: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online to https://www.buildhealthinternational.org/were-hiring/
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity in the workplace. BHI will make all employment and other placement decisions without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. applies to all areas, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
- Build Health International
- Job Posting Expires On