Temporary - Human Resources Intern - Accion International
Accion’s HR department, headquartered in our Cambridge, MA office, supports the global staff in all areas in which we work. This position will provide the opportunity to work with a high performing HR department that supports a complex, international mission-driven organization dedicated to providing financial services to the underserved.
The temporary employee will provide support on various projects and tasks in Talent Acquisition and HR Operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with job postings on various professional, job and academic sites
- Assist with management of Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS and with LinkedIn
- Schedule interviews, meetings and training events.
- Support vendor communications (background investigations-HireRight and iCIMS)
- Partner with HR Ops team with new hires & onboarding
- Assist with transitioning HR files to Share Point
- Assist with anniversary gifts project
- Assist with open enrollment and benefits renewal
- Update employee information in various HR systems
- Other tasks/projects as needed
- Proven attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and written skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel
- Experience with HRIS preferred English required; Spanish language proficiency highly desired
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for a high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Accion is a global nonprofit dedicated to building a financially inclusive world with economic opportunity for all, by giving people the financial tools they need to improve their lives. We are building the next generation of top-tier microfinance institutions, and over the last 50 years have helped create 64 such institutions in 32 countries on four continents that today reach millions of clients. Our impact investing initiatives are pushing beyond microfinance to catalyze more than 20 innovative start-ups dedicated to improving the efficiency, reach and scope of financial services for the poor. And our Center for Financial Inclusion is helping to build a stronger industry with high standards. Currently, our work spans nearly two dozen countries, including the U.S., where we are the nation’s largest nonprofit microfinance network.
- Accion International
- Job Posting Expires On