Technology and Operations Organizer
Full Time, Entry Level Position
Ready to take on some of the most powerful forces in our society? We’re looking for a Technology and Operations Organizer to join a fierce, smart team challenging global corporations, holding them accountable, and creating a world where all people can thrive.
Why you’ll love coming to work every day
You’ll help change the world by being part of fearless and winning campaigns. You’ll be joining an organization that’s not satisfied with the world as it is—and has a vision for how it should be. When your quest is ending corporate abuse, you can’t be afraid to name names and demand what the world needs. For more than 40 years, we’ve been exposing and challenging the abuses of the likes of Nestlé, ExxonMobil, Philip Morris International, McDonald’s, and more. We don’t back down, and we run campaigns until we win.
You’ll work with awesome people. Join a team of passionate, kind, determined, optimistic, and solutions-oriented folks. We work hard, celebrate victories large and small, and always have each other’s backs.
You can take on big responsibilities as you go. You’ll thrive here as you develop new skills, tackle new challenges, learn, and grow. We pay lots of attention to building staff leadership, and we provide support and training to help you grow in your role.
You’ll be part of an organization committed to advancing racial equity and transforming systems of oppression. We are deeply committed to prioritizing the leadership of people who bear the brunt of corporate abuse: Black and Indigenous people and other people of color, women, low-income people, people in the Global South, and LGBTQIA+ folks around the world. Our unique culture has been fostered by a long history of women at the helm. We are actively focusing on the leadership of our staff of color, knowing we are stronger when the organization reflects the vision of the world we’re building together.
What you’ll do
Corporate Accountability wages powerful campaigns challenging corporate power—and behind every campaign victory you’ll find a dynamic operations team that provides the back-end, behind-the-scenes support to ensure victory. Effective, efficient, and secure tech and finance operations make it possible for our organizers and allies to wage hard-hitting tactics that are helping to end corporate abuse.
Whether it’s supporting allies in Africa to implement tech security, or processing the donations we receive from donors around the country, your work will require creativity, patience, and an obsessive attention to detail. You’re going to get to know everyone in the organization and many external partners as you collaborate with them on their tech and operations needs.
From responding to troubleshooting requests to teaching new skills to improving and maintaining systems, you’ll be the go-to tech and operations organizer that helps make big change happen in the world.
This position provides ample room to grow. Whether you’re looking to develop skills in database management, technology, finance, or administration, you will have plenty of opportunities to build new skills and follow your passion as you advance our mission.
Who you are
• The rampant abuses of corporations and the outrageous amount of power they have make you mad as hell— and you want to do something about it.
• You have a commitment to advancing racial equity and transforming systems of oppression, and are ready to do this in your day-to-day work. You understand that campaigning for justice must include working to dismantle white supremacy, institutional racism, colonialism, and anti-Blackness.
• You are down with technology and troubleshooting. Most likely you’re the one your grandma/uncle/colleagues/friends call when they’re in a technological quandary. And you love to help them figure it out, big or small. You’re patient and a good trainer. Plus, you’re an early adopter and eager to test out and learn new apps and systems whenever you can.
• You have experience maintaining systems and managing projects from start to finish. You can meet deadlines and collaborate with colleagues to move a project along. When something doesn’t go as planned, you’re ready to adapt and adjust to get back on track.
• You’re a numbers person—organizing spreadsheets, managing data, and keeping track of every last detail brings you great satisfaction—maybe even joy…
• …and you’re also a people person. You’re an organizer at heart and maybe by training, and you have experience working with a wide range of people from various racial and cultural backgrounds. You know that connecting with and training people means being a good listener as well as an adept communicator.
• You have 1-3 years of experience at a nonprofit, preferably with a background in IT, finance, administration, organizing, or other relevant fields.
What you’ll be responsible for in the day-to-day
• Help keep everyone connected in our in-person and remote workplaces. You’ll provide technical support and training to staff, interns, contractors, and allies across the globe on multiple operating systems and computer software, web apps, communications apps, video conferencing, and other needs.
• Maintain systems, including computers, phones, networks, and servers, managing the day-to-day operations of these processes.
• Implement and maintain the organization’s security measures.
• Play a lead role in supporting key administrative systems within our finance team using your detail oriented, systems-minded skills to ensure we are processing donations and payments and following protocols to keep these processes secure.
• Provide technology and security support for campaign, fundraising, and board-related actions, events, and meetings.
• Help maintain and support the back-end needs of the organization’s websites.
• Actively participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising, racial equity work, recruitment, and campaign activities.
Salary and benefits
• Salary range: $44,000-$46,500 commensurate with experience.
• Our comprehensive benefit package includes: health insurance (with 90% of the premium for all tiers covered by the organization); dental coverage (with 100% of the individual premium covered by the organization, option to add dependents at an additional cost); optional vision coverage (100% employee paid); voluntary life insurance; long-term disability insurance; FSA for transit, health care, and dependent care; and a 401(k) with employer match.
• Generous vacation, sick time, and holiday policies.
• Both internal and external training and leadership development opportunities.
• Energetic, collaborative, and social campaign environment.
Campaign Headquarters are downtown Boston, MA. We follow strict COVID-19 safety measures and prioritize the health and safety of all staff, especially those with roles that require coming into headquarters in-person, such as this one.
We are looking for great candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. If you don’t exactly fit the job description, but you know you have skills and experiences that are transferable to this position, please apply! Tell us about yourself and why you should be our next Technology and Operations Organizer.
To apply: Visit www.corporateaccountability.org/employment-opportunities. Attach your résumé to the online application and include a cover letter. Please include where you heard about the position. Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and our current capacity to process applications, we will be responding on a rolling basis and therefore might take between 2-4 weeks to respond to application.
Corporate Accountability stops transnational corporations from devastating democracy, perpetuating systemic racism, trampling human rights, and destroying our planet. We are building a world rooted in justice where corporations answer to people, not the other way around— a world where every person has access to clean water, healthy food, a safe place to live, and the opportunity to reach their full human potential.
- Corporate Accountability
- Job Posting Expires On