Technical Project Manager - Dimagi, Inc
Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprung into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our COVID-19 Response team works in some of the hardest-hit areas of the United States to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our US Health team. This position will be based out of our office in Cambridge, MA, but is also open to remote employment within the US. This role is a 12-month fixed-term position with the option for converting to a permanent status pending re-evaluation of requirements at the end of the contract.
In this role, you will lead a project workstream working on the optimal design and development of mobile applications built on our flagship platform CommCare, Dimagi’s open source platform that enables non-coders to develop sophisticated mobile and web applications. This position will support the team with the appropriate management of business requirements, coordinating expectations across multiple stakeholders, and implementing technical deliverables as per the specifications in a timely fashion.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health, and development specialists.
- Utilizing Dimagi’s CommCare SaaS platform for non-coders, create web applications for COVID-19 response contact tracing and case investigation solutions. You can learn a bit about what this entails in this introductory video, by creating a CommCare account, or by checking out the CommCare wiki.
- Be point for a project’s application workstream, including delivering on sprint cycles and supporting technical analysts with more complex application building processes.
- Develop, document, and champion best practices with our teams for application deployment and release for large projects, while continuously improving the Project Management methodology from a technical standpoint
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, and other documents in support of projects.
- Serve as a technical representative of a project team, while working closely with a client-facing Project Lead, Product Associates, and Software Engineers to determine and implement practices to ensure the quality and reliability of software.
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in a technical position, leading technology workstreams for business software solutions
- Experience working in and leading dynamic teams working in software, SaaS solutions, or application development
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting requirements from different stakeholders and translating them into technical changes with project teams
- Self-motivated results-oriented team player with excellent attention to detail
- Strong data analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills
- Analytics and process-driven thinker
- Interest in making a social impact
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent technical field
- Experience working in the domestic healthcare space (including with EMRs)
- Experience in delivering enterprise software implementations
- Experience with systems integration and/or databases
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure, and technical specifications
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.
Please apply via this link: https://grnh.se/f065ec9f1us
- Dimagi, Inc
- Job Posting Expires On