Technical Director - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Do you have a strong track record of working in digital education and an interest in quality assurance and expanding learner experience through communities of practice? If so, you may be our next Technical Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community Health Academy (Academy), the Technical Director will lead on three essential areas of work spanning across the Academy team: knowledge management, quality assurance, and communities of practice engagement. They will work in close concert with the Senior Director of Operations and directors of the Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD) and Continuing Clinical Education (CCE) arms of the Academy to promote the Academy’s learning opportunities and peer-to-peer engagement for health leaders and community health workers globally.
The ideal candidate for this role has previously worked at a senior level in digital education programs, and has excellent program management, communications, and strategy planning skills.
Please note that this role will be based in either Boston, MA or Kampala, Uganda.
What You'll Do
- Lead on the development of internal and external briefings, and other communication materials as necessary, relating to all aspects of the Academy’s work
- Provide management of the Academy’s website (when launched) and contribute content to ensure the website remains engaging and informative
- Work closely with the Academy’s Directors and others on the team to ensure all aspects of the Academy’s communities of practice work are of high quality and, where relevant, benchmarked against global standards
- Lead on development of the communities of practice strategy and its implementation; this will require working closely with the Regional Engagement Directors; the Director/Deputy Director of HSLD and others on the Academy team
- Advise on opportunities for partnering with other organizations supporting existing (relevant) communities of practice in the regions where the Academy is working
- Represent the Executive Director at domestic and international meetings and events, as required
- Participate in global and regional working groups, task force or other alliances as necessary to promote the Academy’s work
What You'll Bring
- A Master’s degree in public health or related field
- At least 10 years working in international development, with a strong track record of in-country experience
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in writing high-quality reports and other written materials and speaking at international conferences
- Expertise in website content development and management
- A proven track record of highly effective team building, preferably across geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, to take the initiative and work effectively without a high level of direction
- Experience in building and maintaining productive and long-lasting relationships with external partners, such as governments, clinical entities, and academic institutions
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have previously implemented digital education or online learning programs globally
- You have experience in managing communities of practice, or similar kinds of networks or alliances involving multiple stakeholders and interests
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On