Summer Intern - United Nations Association of Greater Boston
UNAGB Education Internship Summary
Who We Are and What We Do
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston is dedicated to building a strong network of global citizens in the Boston area. We inform, inspire and mobilize members of the community to engage with critical global issues central to the work and mission of the United Nations.
Our Education Team furthers this mission by creating opportunities for young people to develop as productive global citizens through the experience of Model UN as a learning platform. Through our educational program, we equip the next generation of globally-minded civic leaders with key 21st skills of communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking.
We reach nearly 100 schools and over 5,000 students each year and plan to expand our reach and impact over the next few years.
• Primary: Teach UNAGB institutes in Global Leadership (prepare interactive presentations and lesson activities, coach students on discussion and debate, and lead public speaking and teambuilding games)
• Research and write topic guides focusing on a wide variety of global issues (human rights, international security, environment, etc.)
• Perform various operations and materials creation tasks supporting UNAGB education programs
• Administrative support for day-to-day operations of UNAGB
Qualifications and requirements:
• Passionate about global issues and the goals of the UN
• Exceptionally strong communication, research, and writing skills required
• Passion for working with middle and high school students required, experience preferred
• Model UN, Model Congress, or Speech & Debate, student government, or theater experience strongly preferred
• Strong self-management and organization skills required
• Collaborative and experienced in working with teams
• Has completed relevant coursework; majoring in International relations, economics, political science, education, or a related field
• Time commitment: 20-36 hours a week, primarily Monday-Friday. A minimum of 20 hours a week in office is required for the summer internship.
• On-site at the UNAGB’s office at 85 Devonshire Street, Boston MA (a two-minute walk from State Street, Government Center, and Park Street T-stops)
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications are due by April 15.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, applicants will be asked to participate in a short phone interview, submit 1-2 writing samples, submit a teaching video, and provide email addresses for 1-2 references.
- United Nations Association of Greater Boston
- Job Posting Expires On