Summer Education Intern - United Nations Association of Greater Boston
UNAGB Summer Education Internship Summary
Who We Are and What We Do
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston is dedicated to building a strong network of global citizens in the Boston area. We inform, inspire, and mobilize members of the community to engage with critical global issues central to the work and mission of the United Nations.
Our Education Team furthers this mission by creating opportunities for young people to develop as productive global citizens through Model UN programs. During our Summer Institute in Global Leadership, middle and high school participants have the opportunity to learn about important global issues, participate in Model UN, meet guest speakers, and build skills for communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Our Summer Institute in Global Leadership includes 7 week-long programs and reaches approximately 300 students from all over the world. We are looking to hire a team of 5-7 undergrad or graduate-level interns to help facilitate this program.
· Primary: Teach at UNAGB’s Summer Institute Global Leadership: Prepare interactive presentations and lesson activities, coach students on discussion and debate, and lead public speaking and team-building games
· Research and write topic guides on a wide variety of global issues (human rights, international security, environment, etc.)
· Perform various operations and materials creation tasks
· Administrative support for day-to-day operations of UNAGB
Qualifications and requirements:
· Passionate about global issues and the goals of the UN
· Exceptionally strong communication, research, and writing skills required
· Passion for working with middle and high school students required, experience preferred
· Model UN, Model Congress, Speech & Debate, student government, or theater experience strongly preferred
· Strong self-management and organizational skills required
· Experience working with small teams
· Has completed relevant coursework; majoring in International relations, economics, political science, education, or a related field
· Time commitment: 20-36 hours a week, primarily Monday-Friday. A minimum of 20 hours a week is required
· Before Summer Institute in Global Leadership begins: On-site at the UNAGB’s office at 85 Devonshire Street, Boston MA (a two-minute walk from State Street, Government Center, and Park Street T-stops)
· During Summer Institute in Global Leadership: On-site at program locations, including Harvard University, Simmons University, and Belmont Day School
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications are due by March 15.
- United Nations Association of Greater Boston
- Job Posting Expires On