Strategic Partnerships Manager - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Are you a strong relationship manager with experience supporting complex and high-impact external partnerships? If so, you may be our next Strategic Partnerships Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Strategic Partnerships Manager is a critical member of the Partnerships & Communications team. This position is responsible for supporting relationship management and stewardship of LMH’s relationships with a small portfolio of strategic partners, including the Gates Foundation, World Bank, GAVI, the Global Fund, and our government partners.
To advance the crucial mission of Community Health Worker (CHW) programs, this position will support the development of strategic relationships, advancement of funding applications, assessments of traditional public sector and innovative financing opportunities, and collaboration with implementers in the mobilization of resources needed for systems change.
What You’ll Do
- Support relationships with a small portfolio of strategic partners, including setting and implementing individualized cultivation and stewardship strategies for each prospective/current partner
- Plan, develop and manage engagement events and activities to recognize and motivate current and prospective donors. Current annual events include Skoll World Forum, UNGA week, World Economic Forum, TED, World Health Assembly and Aspen Ideas Festival – Spotlight Health
- In collaboration with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, draft effective proposals, reports, strategy memos, letters, and other compelling fundraising collateral, ensuring quality and consistency of LMH’s message and financial submissions to strategic partners
- Support efforts to secure funding for LMH from public sector and innovative financing sources to scale national CHW programs, including proposal development/writing, budget development, analysis, and knowledge management
- Diligently use and support donor relationship management tools, such as Salesforce, and systematically document major donors funding cycles, relationships with LMH staff, and related internal and external communication
What You’ll Bring
- You are a seasoned development professional with several years of experience managing partner relationships in a low resource setting and/or with health donors
- You have significant knowledge of health sector’s international financing systems, policies, and priorities
- You have some experience preparing or managing complex, multi-partner, funding proposals
- You are able to travel up to 35% of the time for national and international meetings, events, etc.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have a Masters degree in public health, public policy, or an MBA
- You have successful fundraising or public policy experience with LMH’s strategic partners
- You have development operations experience, including goal-setting, work-planning, systems development, and management in service of fundraising campaigns
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On