Staff Associate - World Education, Inc.
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) is seeking a Staff Associate to join the Boston-based team, which supports programs throughout sub-Saharan Africa. WEI/Bantwana's programs are implemented in partnership with local institutions and are designed to build the skills and strengthen the capacity of local partners. Program activities focus on developing strong civil society organizations and sustainable service delivery at the community level in areas that include: education, youth development, community participation, literacy, microenterprise/microfinance, and HIV prevention. The Staff Associate will provide support to project teams to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of project documentation.
- Have a thorough understanding of World Education's and the Bantwana Initiative's mission, organizational structure, financial and program management policies, and strategic areas of intervention;
- Reviews field office financial documentation for compliance and audit readiness;
- Regularly communicates with field team to review outstanding issues and questions;
- Assists staff in the project budgeting and planning process;
- Assists with new business development activities;
- Provides general office support;
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree completed or in progress
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interest in the finance and administrative aspects of international development
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by May 30, 2019 here: https://www.worlded.org/WEIInternet/workforus/jobdescription.cfm?id=122207&intern=0
- World Education, Inc.
- Job Posting Expires On