Staff Associate - World Education, Inc.
World Education is seeking a Staff Associate to join the Boston-based team, which supports programs throughout sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. Programs are implemented in partnership with local institutions, and are designed to build the skills and strengthen the capacity of local partners. Program activities focus on developing strong civil society organizations and sustainable service delivery at the community level in areas that include: education, youth development, community participation, literacy, microenterprise/microfinance and HIV prevention. The Staff Associate will provide support to project teams to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of project documentation.
- Have a thorough understanding of World Education's mission, organizational structure, financial and program management policies, and strategic areas of intervention;
- Support new business development, including tracking funding opportunities, assist in production of proposals, and perform background research for contract and grant proposals;
- Provide administrative support to the division;
- Reviews field office financial documentation for compliance and audit readiness;
- Regularly communicates with field team to review outstanding issues and questions;
- Assists staff in the project budgeting and planning process;
- Assists with new business development activities;
- Provides general office support;
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree completed or in progress
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interest in the finance and administrative aspects of international development
- Portuguese language skills are required, Arabic and French are a plus but not a requirement
Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, please visit http://worlded.org/WEIInternet/workforus/jobpostings.cfm and submit an application through the WEI webpage.
- World Education, Inc.
- Job Posting Expires On