Staff Accountant - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputations and our resources. Do you have experience applying accounting principles in a quickly growing organization and enjoy sharing your financial knowledge with others? If so, you may be our next Staff Accountant.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will promote long-term organizational sustainability of Last Mile Health (LMH) through the management of global financial transactions, including tracking of payments to internal and external stakeholders, reconciling monthly statements, and completing payroll processing.
What You'll Do
- Perform all daily finance activities, including processing of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger functions
- Complete monthly reconciliation of some balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Assist in payroll processing and prepare payroll audits and reports
- Work across the accounts payable function to ensure budget managers properly code expenses based on department budget and provide guidance to improving these processes
- Prepare transactions (checks, wires) and support the management of online banking
- Support team in ensuring compliance with International Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and US federal regulation requirements
- Manage filing of the state registrations, financial reports, tax filings and other filings required by the government
What You'll Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in accounting roles
- Demonstrated familiarity with diverse accounting functions
- Demonstrated computer skills and systems proficiency
- Familiarity with NetSuite or similar finance software, including the ability to design appropriate and useful management reports and demonstrate aptitude to identify problems in financial reports and implement required changes
You'll Impress Us If
- You’ve worked as an accountant for a non-profit or for-profit company with offices across multiple continents
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On