Social Media Intern - Care 2 Communities
ABOUT CARE 2 COMMUNITIES (C2C):
Haiti is the Western Hemisphere’s poorest nation, suffering from a chronic cycle of economic, social, and governance crises. Haiti’s infant and maternal mortality rates remain stubbornly high and life expectancy is the lowest in Latin America and the Caribbean. In a country where 1 in 14 children will die before the age of 5 and access to healthcare is extremely challenging, innovative solutions are urgently needed.
Care 2 Communities (C2C) has created a scalable model for sustainable, high-quality, community-based primary healthcare in Haiti. Our care model meets the health needs of poor and low-income families, delivering high-quality, low-cost primary care, maternal health, and malnutrition services. C2C’s first community clinic opened in 2013 and we currently operate a network of 7 clinics (with plans for significant expansion), which serves over 50,000 people every year.
C2C’s network of clinics, through a public private partnership (PPP) with the Haitian Ministry of Health, offers care at efficient ‘one-stop-shop’ facilities (pharmaceuticals, lab tests, and doctor/nurse consultations all in one place). We believe that community clinics can and should be efficient, responsive, and cost-effective. C2C clinics employ local clinicians and are maintained by local supply chains. While philanthropy covers initial start-up costs of new clinics, affordable patient fees help cover clinic costs moving forward. Each C2C clinic is staffed by a team of talented Haitian physicians, nurses, lab techs, and health workers; we have over 90 staff members in Haiti delivering care at clinic sites and health education and social support at the community level. Learn more at www.care2communities.org.
The Social Media Intern reports to the Operations and Communications Manager and is responsible for assisting them in implementing C2C’s overall social media strategy. The Social Media Intern position focuses specifically on digital communications to build engagement, awareness, and partnership with C2C, while also promoting C2C’s overall marketing and communications plan.
This position’s work location is fully remote. Student does not need to be based in the Boston area.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with establishing and implementing a concrete social media strategy for C2C
• Assist in the creation of social media content to be approved by the Operations and Communications Manager and/or Development Coordinator
• Collaborate and work as a team to maintain a schedule and a consistent theme for content
• Assist with the management of social media engagement through C2C’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog, newsletter) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
• Create and maintain reports to track sponsored social media growth, engagement, and overall success of the social media plan
• Create and share toolkits (such as media kits) with partners to promote reciprocation through their social media platforms
• Research emerging social media, specifically in relation to nonprofits and sponsorships
• Complete additional tasks as assigned on a project basis (may include tasks not related to communications i.e. development work such as prospect research, reviewing RFPs, and other institutional fundraising assistance)
• Ability to take initiative, show good judgement, and manage projects from beginning to end
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to anticipate next steps or needs
• Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools
• Prior experience with social media campaigns, graphic design, and/or video editing
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Comfortable with working remotely and collaborating with another intern on coordinating social media and other content
• Canva and Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
• Experience and comfortability with video editing a plus
• Haitian Creole or French speaking and personal connection with Haiti/Haitian diaspora a plus
• Current enrollment or degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
• Available for 10-15 hours a week
• Resume-building experience in marketing & communications and development, project coordination, and other aspects of community relations and international development, as well as public and global health industries
• Internship is unpaid but available for student credit
On a rolling basis (semester-based)
Email a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] indicating Social Media Intern in the subject line. Please also provide relevant examples of social media work.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no phone calls.
C2C is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Care 2 Communities
- Job Posting Expires On