Senior Researcher - Applied Economics Clinic
AEC is looking for a candidate witha minimum of 8 years of experience in consulting and research within an applied economic or energy field. The ideal candidate would be able to provide expert analysis for clients in the areas of the energy sector, environmental impacts, and equity impacts. We are specifically looking for candidates who see the value in a good work-life balance and are passionate about serving the needs of ourpublic interest clients. Please refer to AEC’s mission to better understand the organization’s purpose and goals.
Founded in 2017, AEC is a non-profit consulting group offering expert services to public service organizations from seasoned professionals, while also providing on-the-job training to the next generation of technical experts on public interest issues (www.aeclinic.org).
The Senior Researcher job title at AEC is equivalent to a Principle or Partner at a for-profit consulting firm. We are interested in candidates at this level and the new hire will be expected to initiate new projects, new contracts, and new connections for AEC.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher with:
(1) Enthusiasm for working on issues related to energy, environment, equity and other consumer rights;
(2) Substantial closely related work experience, and interest in mentoring junior staff; and
(3) A close network of public interest groups that the candidate has worked with in the past and expects to continue working with in the future.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
• Strong interest in some or all the following topics: climate, energy, environment, consumer issues, and equity
• Strong technical and popular audience writing skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time well
• Ability to work collaboratively, sharing tasks, knowledge, and work space with colleagues
• Willingness to learn and use feedback to improve
• PhD or Master’s in any technical field (economics, engineering, science, etc.)
• Experience in statistics, modeling, and/or other forms of quantitative analysis; energy modeling experience is especially useful
• Background in energy, environment or equity issues
Work-life balance at AEC:
• Generous vacation and sick time
• 35-hour work week
• Compensation is based on each staff member’s hourly billing rate (not as a function of work brought in)
• Emphasis onteam work and mentorship
• Include all staff members’ viewpoints in decision making
This is a full-time position with benefits and a flexible schedule. Salary is very competitive. Applications are due August 1 and will be considered on a rolling basis thereafter.
To apply, please send the following materials to [email protected]
•A cover letter
•CV or resume including url links to relevant work samples
•The names and contact information of three references
- Applied Economics Clinic
- Job Posting Expires On