Senior Program Manager, Online Learning - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Are you a self-motivated, high-performing professional with experience leading development of online courses from start to finish? If so, you might be our next Senior Program Manager, Online Learning.
The Senior Program Manager, Online Learning, with support from the Director, Global Health Systems Leadership Development (GHSLD), will develop a novel, evidence-based, high-quality, open, global learning platform that will educate and accelerate the sharing of best practices between the leaders working to build stronger systems to support community health workers.
The HSLD program (a) engages a network of global faculty – made of leading community health innovators from around the world – to create, review and vet a curriculum for policymakers, managers and supervisors, (b) is creating a global classroom to deliver this curriculum via free massive open online courses, and (c) is providing learners with complementary learning and support opportunities that facilitate the application of learning within their health systems, sharing of best practices and facilitation of institutional adoption of curricula (such as communities of practice, in-person learning opportunities, in-country technical assistance, and integration into Global South institutions). By 2021, the HSLD Program will enroll and train at least 15,000 community health leaders.
What You'll Do
- Contribute technical expertise and/or support translation of team members’ technical expertise in community health, health systems strengthening, and leadership development into development of the Academy’s global classroom for health systems leaders
- Build and coordinate high-performing course development teams, including direct management of course development consultants as well as facilitation of faculty collaborations and course production partnerships
- Propose and secure approval of massive open online courses, as relevant, from faculty or institutional review committees
- Develop course pedagogy and support instructional design for course development in partnership with course development consultants
- Lead the course production process developing the following materials: production workplans and timelines, budget, technical considerations, and the design, delivery and evaluation of courses
- Execute on production plans, including travel as necessary to support course production (ex. scheduling and logistics, directing film shoots with course faculty)
- Support prototyping and piloting of course, including planning and execution of associated formative research opportunities to solicit and integrate feedback from experts and target learners
- Ensure strong learner engagement in courses
- Alongside the Communications Team, develop and execute partnership, branding, communications, and marketing strategies to drive course enrollment
What You'll Bring
- A Master’s degree (e.g., Education, Instructional Design, etc) with experience leading key components of online course development
- Demonstrated experience in managing course development from development to completion, especially courses including multiple faculty
- Knowledge of best practices in engaging adult learners in online courses
- Superb project management and organizational skills, including multiple / complex stakeholder management (internal and external) and competing priorities
- Ability to build relationships with faculty members, academic institutions, and partnering organizations
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up work environment, accepting of change and comfortable with ambiguity
You'll Impress Us If
- You have developed health-centric courses
- You have experience working with adult learners internationally
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply via the following link: https://lastmilehealth.applytojob.com/apply/ir2FkDCKWR/Senior-Program-Manager-Online-Learning
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On