Senior Membership Manager - Corporate Accountability
Senior Membership Manager
Ready to take on some of the most powerful forces in our society? We’re looking for a senior membership manager to join a fierce, smart team challenging global corporations, holding them accountable, and creating a world where all people can thrive.
Why you’ll love coming to work every day
You’ll help change the world by being part of fearless and winning campaigns. You’ll be joining an organization that’s not satisfied with the world as it is—and has a vision for how it should be. When your quest is ending corporate abuse, you can’t be afraid to name names and demand what the world needs. For 40 years, we’ve been exposing and challenging the abuses of the likes of Nestlé, Exxon Mobil, Philip Morris International, McDonald’s, and more. We don’t back down, and we run campaigns until we win.
You’ll work with awesome people. Join a team of seasoned, kind, determined, optimistic, and solutions-oriented folks. We work hard, celebrate victories large and small, and always have each other’s backs.
You can take on big responsibilities as you go. You’ll thrive here as you develop new skills, tackle new challenges, learn, and grow. We pay lots of attention to building staff leadership, and we provide support and training to help you grow in your role.
You’ll be part of an organization committed to advancing racial equity and transforming systems of oppression. We are deeply committed to prioritizing the leadership of those who bear the brunt of corporate abuse: women, Black and Indigenous people and other people of color, low-income people, people in the Global South, and LGBTQ+ folks around the world. Our culture has been fostered by a long history of women at the helm. We are actively focusing on the leadership of our staff of color, knowing we are stronger when the organization reflects the vision of the world we’re building together.
What you’ll do
Corporate Accountability’s impact starts with our monthly donors—and you will be the one who works most closely with them to help realize all of the power they bring to this movement.
Corporate Accountability is a membership organization and has been for more than four decades. It’s one of our greatest strengths because our members give us the political independence to wage hard-hitting campaigns that challenge entrenched power structures. And monthly donors are the backbone of this membership support. Their regular contribution provides financial stability so we can create long-term, strategic campaign plans. And their support also gives us the ability to react nimbly when things change.
Your job will be to grow and retain the monthly donor program, using your creativity, your detail-oriented prowess with numbers, and your people skills. As the primary contact for our monthly donors, you’ll build authentic relationships that inspire them to continue their sustained support. You’ll play an important role in the team that’s advancing racial justice and equity through organizing with our members. And, you’ll collaborate with staff across units to develop avenues for members to take actions that add up to significant campaign impact.
Who you are
- - The rampant abuses of corporations and the outrageous amount of power they have make you mad as hell—and you want to do something about it.
- - You understand that campaigning for justice must include working to dismantle white supremacy, institutional racism, colonialism, and anti-Blackness. You have a commitment to advancing racial equity and transforming systems of oppression, and are ready to do this in your day-to-day work.
- - You know how to ask people for money. You’re enthusiastic and beyond comfortable doing so because you know that activating more people to fund long-term, effective campaigning is essential. You believe that relationship-based organizing (including fundraising) is how we change the world—and you’ve got the interpersonal skills to make it happen.
- - Problem solving with spreadsheets? Math and numbers? Yes, please! You are excited about and know how to build fundraising budgets, keep track of progress toward fundraising goals, and come up with math-driven, creative tactics toward achieving those goals.
- - You have experience managing projects from start to finish, meeting tough deadlines, and managing both up and laterally to get what you need. When something doesn’t go as planned, you’re ready to adapt and adjust to get back on track.
- - You have experience working with databases, and your strong attention to detail means you’re great at cleaning them up and you’re ready to keep our donor’s information secure and up-to-date.
- - You have at least 3 years of related workplace experience with a focus on fundraising or organizing, ideally in a development, nonprofit, or campaign setting.
What you’ll be responsible for in the day-to-day
- - Organize with staff, board, and members to plan and carry out successful growth strategies that engage current members, bring in new members, raise funds, and generate actions.
- - Ensure members have a great experience when they reach out to Corporate Accountability on the phone or digitally—continuing to deepen relationships whether they need to update their credit card information or want to take action.
- - Implement regular phone banks, working with staff and volunteers to call our members and engage them to take action and donate to the organization. You’ll be responsible for providing everything from administrative support to joining the training team, including being available for evening phoning during campaign pushes.
- - Implement tried-and-true retention strategies and develop new ones that keep our monthly donors giving to the organization for years.
- - Actively participate in a small staff working group that’s focused on member power, and advancing racial equity and justice through our membership programs. You’ll help shape strategies to organize and engage more people to join and stay with Corporate Accountability because they can see the impact they are making in the world with us.
- - Make sure all information for monthly donors is up-to-date in the database.
- - Actively participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising, recruitment, racial equity advancement, and campaign activities.
Salary and benefits:
- - Salary range: $47,500 to $55,000, commensurate with experience.
- - Our comprehensive benefit package includes: health insurance (with 90% of the premium for all tiers covered by the organization) and dental coverage (with 100% of the individual premium covered by the organization and the option to add dependents at an additional cost); FSA for transit, health care, and dependent care; and 401(k) with employer match.
- - Generous vacation, sick time, and holiday policies.
- Both internal and external training and leadership development opportunities.
- - Energetic, collaborative, and social campaign environment.
Location: Remote based on public health recommendations around COVID-19 centering the safety and health of our staff, with eventual transition into our Campaign Headquarters in downtown Boston, MA.
We are looking for great candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. If you don’t exactly fit the job description, but you know you have skills and experiences that are transferable to this position, please apply! Tell us about yourself and why you should be our next senior membership manager.
To apply: Visit https://my.hirehive.io/corporate-accountability/jobs/65616/senior-membership-manager. Attach your résumé to the online application and include a cover letter. Please include where you heard about the position.
Corporate Accountability stops transnational corporations from devastating democracy, trampling human rights, and destroying our planet. We are building a world rooted in justice where corporations answer to people, not the other way around—a world where every person has access to clean water, healthy food, a safe place to live, and the opportunity to reach their full human potential.
Corporate Accountability is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. Black and Indigenous people and other people of color, women, nonbinary people, and LGBTQ+ people are strongly encouraged to apply. Join more than 50 smart and driven staff and interns working in this dynamic organization with a powerful network of members and allies around the world.
- Corporate Accountability
- Job Posting Expires On