Senior Financial Analyst - Root Capital
1. Model Development and Maintenance (30%)
· Working closely with FP&A / Analytics staff, the Associate will perform:
· Periodic model maintenance and data integration associated with the lending and budget models that form the backbone of Root Capital’s forecasting and reporting tools,
· Development and implementation of new reporting metrics within the models.
· Vetting, testing, and ensuring the integrity of underlying model data and accounts.
2. Data Management and Governance (35%)
· Design and implementation of a Root Capital data governance program, in partnership with Analytics and IT department staff:
· Development and implementation of new Data Governance policies, procedures, and standards
· Establishing an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for the development of information-based capabilities
· Defining roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
· Establishing an Enterprise Data Catalog to ensure an accurate inventory of data assets and appropriate context to enable data analysts, data stewards, and other data consumers to find and understand appropriate datasets
· The Analyst will participate in the Root Capital Data Council, an interdepartmental group dedicated to the management and governance of financial, programmatic, and impact data.
· Among other responsibilities, the Analyst will participate in a variety of data governance-related activities and ad hoc projects, including, for example, creating and maintaining a data dictionary.
3. Financial and Programmatic Performance Reporting (35%)
· Produce regular financial and programmatic performance reports for donors, investors, and internal audiences, under the supervision of senior FP&A personnel. Reports will be generated using the lending and budget models, Salesforce, and additional databases as required.
· Increase accessibility and usability of existing reports by developing new interfaces and testing various reporting platforms, including but not limited to Tableau and other data visualization packages.
· Assist with preparation of the Monthly Performance Dashboard, Board presentations, Quarterly Performance Reports, and other reports as requested.
· Support development of customized financial and lending projections and analysis for existing and prospective supporters and partners, working with FP&A, Development, and Lending staff as necessary.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelors or advanced degree in a quantitatively-oriented field (Economics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, etc.)
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience required in data analysis, or another analytically-oriented field.
3. Professional experience required in data analysis, or another analytically-oriented field.
4. Required Skills and Experience.
5. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
6. Experience working with Adaptive Planning or other financial reporting and data analysis information systems.
7. Experience with data visualization applications (Tableau or equivalent).
8. Interest in international development, nonprofit operations, and environmental sustainability.
9. Strong attention to detail and commitment to high data quality & accuracy.
10. Regular contact with internal personnel; rare contact with external parties such as the board, donors, or investors.
11. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
12. Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
- Root Capital
- Job Posting Expires On