Senior Associate, Credit Administration - Root Capital
About Root Capital
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.2 billion to improve the lives of six million people in farming communities.
The Senior Associate, Credit Administration will be primarily responsible for providing general support in drafting loan documentation, closing loans, and servicing loans across a global portfolio, maintaining documentation templates, ensuring compliance with policy, and proactively participating in continuous improvements to policy and procedures. S/he will provide excellent customer service working closely with a team of regional credit administration associates in Africa and Latin America and the Legal Team in Cambridge.
General Support in Loan Documentation and Closing (40%)
- Draft and revise loan documents, as assigned.
- Back up Director of Credit Administration to crosscheck loan documentation prepared in-house to ensure consistency of terms and conditions and alignment with lending policy, as needed.
- Support or cover loan closing and loan servicing functions, as assigned.
- Manage the execution of original loan documents originating in Cambridge, including receipt, signing, filing and mailing of the same.
- Collaborate with Root Capital’s General Counsel and the Director of Credit Administration to maintain up-to-date template loan documents and notices.
- Coordinate bi-weekly Regional Team Meetings.
Buyer Due Diligence (5%)
- Conduct credit checks on new buyers or counterparties, as requested.
- Conduct outreach to new buyers, as needed, in order to obtain agreement for repayment instructions for the benefit of Root Capital.
Third Party Guarantees & Lending (30%)
- Enter loans selected for inclusion under USAID DCA guarantee programs into USAID on-line system and administer report and claims processes.
- Administer all third party guarantees, as needed.
- Use approved template to draft master participation agreements and sales certificates; coordinate necessary internal approvals for any requested changes of the same, as assigned.
- Record and register any loan sales.
Procedure and Process Documentation and Improvement (20%)
- Participate in the development, review and continuous improvement of lending policy and processes.
Compliance and Monitoring (5%)
- Support team by providing loan documentation and coordinating balance confirmation for external audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in finance, accounting, preferred.
- Three to five years of professional experience; loan documentation experience, preferred.
- Fluency in French and English, strongly preferred; Spanish a plus.
- Self-motivated to work independently and learn new systems and acquire new skills.
- Familiarity with the credit process, lending practices and loan documentation, strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to manage and accomplish multiple tasks on an agreed timeframe through effective prioritization of duties.
- Attention to detail a must!
- Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Commensurate with experience.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of: empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency.
- Root Capital
- Job Posting Expires On