Request for Proposals: Equity & Inclusion Consultancy - Last Mile Health
*Proposals should be submitted by email to Jenny Rabinowich at [email protected] no later than Wednesday, December 2*
Last Mile Health seeks consultancy support from an individual or firm with significant experience designing, implementing, evaluating, and learning from diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Commitment – Anticipating a 4-month engagement from December 2020- March 2021, with timeline variable depending on consultant’s work plan
- Location – Remote
- Remuneration – Please include your overall proposal cost in USD within your application materials, as well as expectations for payment timing
What You’ll Do
The consultant will be responsible for deliverables that cover two workstreams:
Deliverable 1: Policy and foundational practices review and update. Specifically, the consultant should work with the organization’s DEI policy working group to:
- Use an evidence-based and reliable framework for assessing the equity and inclusivity of organizational policies, practices, and culture.
- Thoroughly review and provide direct edits/updates and feedback on the following existing organizational policies and procedures relevant to DEI, including:
- Employee conduct policy
- Anti-discrimination policy
- Sexual Harassment policy
- Staff development policies
- After action review process
- Hiring protocol
- Provide recommendations and resources for continuously updating and enforcing LMH policies, procedures and norms for equity and inclusion
Deliverable 2: Develop turnkey organization-wide equity and inclusion employee trainings. Specifically, the consultant should:
- Develop high-quality digital trainings relevant to all LMH employees and based on LMH policies and best practices on the following topics:
- LMH Code of Conduct
- Anti-discrimination principles and policies
- Anti-sexual harassment principles and policies
- Whistleblower policies & practices
- Develop a high-quality digital training on foundations of diversity, equity, and inclusion (i.e., concepts, vocabulary) relevant for all LMH employees.
- Create training support and communications materials for use by managers and training teams to enable deeper understanding of these topics and to drive culture change in the organization. Example materials include supplementary workshops, discussion and facilitation guides, and 1:1 coaching materials.
- Conduct a training of trainers with members of the IDEA team and other key managers
Deliverable 3: Strategy for DEI data collection and use:
- Conduct a desk review of existing data available related to DEI, inclusive of data from multiple staff-wide and team surveys, HR data, financial data, strategy and programmatic materials, and others as relevant
- Provide a cohesive summary of data review, including areas for prioritization, action, and further investigation
- In consultation with relevant team members, create a strategy for ongoing DEI data collection and use, including methods for data collection and interpretation, and plans for how data should be used/shared across the organization.
- Recommend key performance indicators for relevant LMH departments to track progress against DEI objectives
Note: LMH seeks digital training tools that can be deployed across all employees and all geographies. We are open to a wide range of platforms and interfaces. However, these materials must be scalable and editable by LMH. Materials should be in English.
This project will be managed by LMH’s Managing Director of People Operations, with additional support and input from the senior management and LMH’s employee-led equity and inclusion team - the Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Advocates (IDEA team).
What You’ll Bring
Individuals and firms with experience evaluating, designing, and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives are encouraged to submit a proposal.
We are especially interested in consultants based in Africa, and/or with experience in Africa and the international development sector. Consultants may submit a proposal for the entire RFP, or for one of the deliverables.
Proposals should include at a minimum:
- Overview of scope of work and expected deliverables
- Consultant profiles
- Description or examples of similar projects completed by the consultant
- 2-3 client references who can speak to your relevant experience
- Budget for project including pricing in USD
- Time-bound work plan
Proposals should be no more than 5 pages in length and should be submitted as a single PDF inclusive of all supporting documents.
Proposals should be submitted by email to Jenny Rabinowich at [email protected] no later than Wednesday, December 2.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On