Boston Network for International Development
Programs Associate Job Description
The Programs Associate plays a key role within BNID, leading on operations, administration and coordination of ongoing efforts such as our website, newsletter, and communications, and is a thought partner to the Executive Director, Board Chair and other key Board members. Because BNID is a small and mostly volunteer-run organization, this role is part-time (~8-10 hours per week) and flexible (work from home and on your own schedule).
By working closely with the Executive Director, this position offers a unique opportunity to learn how a small NGO operates as well as strong connections to many international development organizations in the Greater Boston area. The Programs Associate also engages directly with BNID's Board of Directors who can also serve as an excellent resource for career coaching and networking.
The responsibilities of the Programs Associate includes:
1. Program Management: Manage events, which will include digital “lunch and learn” sessions with academic partners, virtual networking events, and others. Work with strategic partners, Board members, and Executive Director to design and implement programs. Contribute reflections and ideas.
2. External Partnerships Management: As needed, assist with partnership management; where possible, help to build networks that can support the execution of shared strategies and programming.
3. [email protected] email account: Manage our primary email account and act as first point of contact for those interested in BNID.
4. Newsletter: Every other week, draft the newsletter that we send out to 7,500 people.
5. Social Media: Manage BNID’s social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
6. Website: Approve and post jobs and events.
7. Blog: Proactively develop stories for our blog and post to the website every two weeks. Where relevant, support those who wish to write a blog post in the writing, editing, and posting process.
8. Maintain internal operations systems, including Google Drive.
9. Assist with onboarding and management of interns.
10. Other administrative and communications tasks as they emerge.
Time commitment: Approximately 8-10 hours per week
Stipend: $350 per month
Dates: October 2021 - June/September 2022 (ability to commit for a full academic or calendar year strongly preferred)
Location: Greater Boston area
Supervisor: The Programs Associate reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board Chair and other Board members.
Expectations: The Programs Associate is expected to proactively contribute to the BNID team and bring flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and solutions to the fore.
Skills and Qualifications:
Degree or equivalent experience in international development, global justice, political science, or a related field. Advanced degree (awarded or in progress) strongly preferred.
Strong management and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and take initiative in resolving problems
Ability to work effectively with collaborating groups
Strong writing skills, including technical writing skills
Demonstrated project management and event planning skills
Social media / communications experience
- Graphic design skills (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, Canva) desired
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by October 1. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
NOTE: We will begin interviews before the October 1st deadline and strongly encourage candidates to apply early.
BNID’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI):
As we work to improve our practices around diversity, equity, and inclusion at BNID, we’re interested in candidates who will be equally committed to our vision of improving our practices for racial, gender, and social justice. We value the leadership of People of Color, LGBTQ+ individuals, disabled persons, and other marginalized communities, and encourage candidates who reflect all forms of diversity to apply.
Please direct any questions to [email protected]
- Boston Network for International Development
- Job Posting Expires On