Program Officer - World Education, Inc.
World Education is seeking a full-time Program Officer to join the Boston-based team providing home office support for programs throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Programs are implemented in partnership with local institutions, and are designed to build the skills and strengthen the capacity of local partners. Using both formal and non-formal training methods, program activities focus on developing strong educational institutions, civil society organizations and sustainable service delivery at the community level in areas that include: education, youth development, community participation, literacy, microenterprise/microfinance and HIV prevention.
The Program Officer oversees a portfolio of current projects in one or more countries, and supports field staff in the daily management of these projects. An important component of the position is ensuring financial and contractual compliance with World Education, and public and private donor regulations, procedures, and reporting requirements. Program Officers, in collaboration with Boston-based senior advisors, coordinate technical and strategic interventions requested by field staff. Program Officers also participate actively in the preparation of new project proposals and may be charged with coordinating a proposal writing team and meeting submission deadlines.
- Have a thorough understanding of World Education's mission, organizational structure, financial and program management policies, and strategic areas of intervention
- Have a working knowledge of USAID funding mechanisms, proposal requirements, contract management, and reporting requirements
- Primary responsibility for maintaining regular communications between the home office and field office
- Review, monitor and analyze project expenses
- Oversee Boston-based financial management of programs (including spending analysis, reporting, budget monitoring, sub-grant management, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with donor and World Education regulations, procedures and reporting requirements
- Provide technical assistance, and coordinate provision of strategic and technical support for field programs
- Assist with planning and implementation of project communications strategy
- Play an active role in recruitment, proposal writing, reporting and delivery of in-country services as requested
- Initiate and participate in development of country strategy and new projects
- At least three years working with development programs, preferably in Africa
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in cross-cultural settings
- Experience in financial management, preparing and monitoring budgets
- Strong program management skills including strategic planning and work plan development
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Commitment to providing high quality support and services to World Education's field programs and local partners
- Strong language skills in French required
- Bachelor's degree in Education or a related field required, Masters' degree preferred
- Based in Boston, and willing and able to travel to Africa at least three times a year
Salary commensurate with experience.To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 04/30/2021
World Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
- World Education, Inc.
- Job Posting Expires On