Program Coordinator - Millenium Campus Network
The Millennium Campus Network (MCN) is a global student network addressing humanity's greatest challenges. We convene, challenge, and celebrate student leadership that advances the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Program Coordinator plays a critical role in this program’s growth and implementation. They are responsible for the administrative and logistical elements of operations and programming for our signature program, the Millennium Fellowship - a semester-long leadership development program presented by the United Nations Academic Impact and MCN. This program convenes, challenges, and celebrates bold student leadership advancing the Sustainable Development Goals on campus and in communities. The Millennium Fellowship Class of 2020 will begin on August 1, 2020 until December 1, 2020.
The Program Coordinator will be a thought partner in the continued development, implementation and growth of the Fellowship program as it expands to undergraduate students across the globe, and lead in making recommendations and edits to future Fellowship iterations based on 2018 and 2019 learnings. They will have opportunities to mentor and work with student leaders across the world. This position is part-time and remote, and reports to Programs Director Noha Al-Khalqi.
This is an incredible opportunity to support a growing organization and connect with a global development movement to ensure that young leaders have the voice they deserve, the skills they need, and the mindset for challenging the paradigms that perpetuate inequality.
Responsibilities:Administrative Leadership for Fellowship Program (60%)
- Manage student leaders from around the world, answering technical questions, and offering light mentorship as needed.
- Manage communications, including weekly newsletter and social media, with support of volunteers and/or interns if relevant, make edits to website as needed
- Ensure all administration systems are up-to-date, including metrics, pre and post surveys, story submissions, and final certificates.
- Manage any technical challenges with online platform
- General MCN Administration as needed, which may include developing or managing databases, writing to organizational partners
Program Implementation and Thought Partnership (40%)
- Fellowship Program Implementation: Edit curricular components, creatively develop programming as needed; Co-Develop and implement training for student Campus Directors, manage communications with Campus Directors including connecting them with regional peer groups; Co-develop Virtual graduation ceremony.
Future Program Thought Partnership (no more than 5% of role):
- Contribute to development of next iteration of Fellowship program curriculum; Explore new technological platform options.
- Bachelor's degree required. Pursuit of or completion of a Masters degree is an plus.
- Extremely organized and self-directed.
- Proactively communicative: initiates reminders, requests, and develops solutions independently.
- Passionate about leadership, youth development, and global development.
- Demonstrated interest in global and/or domestic social justice and development work
- At least one-year experience designing and/or implementing a program (any subject, can be combined from multiple experiences).
- Available work outside of typical business hours. Our campuses will be based in more than 15 different countries and leadership coaching is based on students’ schedules, which depending on the campus/country might be in the evenings and weekends.
- Team spirit, positive attitude.
- Skills in community-building, relationship cultivation, and mentorship a strong plus.
- Technical skills with project management tools including (Google Drive tools, Zoom, Slack, etc.).
- Prior experience with MCN a plus.
- Part time: 15-20 hours per week
- 6-month contract (July 15 2020 - Jan 15 2021)
- Millenium Campus Network
- Part time: 15-20 hours per week
- Job Posting Expires On