Program Coordinator - Verité
Program Coordinator, Due Diligence Analysis (CUMULUS)
Location: Amherst, MA
About Us: Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms and other workplaces around the world. We serve private sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
About the Position: This position primarily supports the CUMULUS product team. Launched in January 2019, CUMULUS is Verité’s subscription-based secure online platform providing multinational brands with Due Diligence Reports and data dashboards that map their labor supply chain and allow them to identify and assess agent and supplier risk for forced labor and human trafficking.
Ideal candidates will have experience or a demonstrated interest in labor issues in supply chains, international human rights, and/or international relations and policy studies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct due diligence on third parties involved in international labor recruitment. Summarize findings and ensure on-time delivery of Due Diligence Reports.
- Perform desk research on international labor laws, regulations, and practices.
- Assist in updating and refining analysis protocols, application documentation, and file management systems.
- Track analysis time, deadlines, and client deliverables. Contribute to project estimates and forecasting.
- Provide data entry and quality control, ensuring accuracy and adherence to Verité analysis and reporting standards.
- Respond to customer queries and assist team members in drafting new templates and customer-facing FAQs.
- Participate in daily product scrums and team meetings. Collaborate with team members on special projects, including user testing, software QA, and bug tracking.
In-Office (No Remote): This is an in-office position based in Amherst, MA. This position relies on frequent collaboration, communication, and teamwork with in-office and remote team members via phone, email, and Slack chat.
- BA or higher with 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Academic or professional experience or a demonstrated interest in labor issues, international relations and policy studies, data analysis, or social impact technology are a plus.
- Curiosity and a passion for critical thinking and learning new things
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to strong privacy and security guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, experience with R, Stata, ArcGIS are a plus, but not required
- Foreign language reading and translation skills are a plus, especially Mandarin, Thai, or Arabic
Qualifications for all Verité positions:
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment to Verité's mission or related social justice objectives
- Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across boundaries*
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission
- Fluent, clear and concise writing in English
- Gathers and analyzes information reliably and with consistently appropriate attribution
- Solicits and incorporates feedback towards continual improvement
- Maintains confidentiality in communications as appropriate
- Manages own time to successfully meet commitments
- Identifies problems and seeks support in a timely manner
- Recommends changes that would benefit team and organization
- Seeks out and contributes to opportunities for specific trainings and other professional development
- Works within approved budgets and accurately and consistently tracks expenses
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expressions, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please email cover letter and resumé detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: [email protected] with the subject line ‘CUMULUS Program Coordinator, Due Diligence Data Analysis’ No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
- Job Posting Expires On