Program Associate - New England International Donors
NEID seeks to hire a Program Associate to support the Executive Director and Steering Committee in building a vibrant community of engaged global philanthropists learning, giving, investing and partnering together to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure peace and human rights for all.
This person will enhance the work of the Executive Director and Steering Committee in a comprehensive and hands-on way.
- Maintain up to date database of NEID members;
- Track membership payments, member contact information, and member areas of interest;
- Coordinate with Finance to produce monthly membership reports;
- Correspond regularly with all members, handling inquiries and requests promptly; and
- Work with Executive Director and Steering Committee to track prospective members.
- Produce and distribute monthly newsletter of events, articles, and announcements;
- Maintain an online calendar of internal and external events;
- Draft new content for the website, keeping it freshly updated;
- Manage NEID Twitter account, posting NEID news and articles of interest; and
- Draft marketing and promotional materials.
- Support the Executive Director in event conception, planning, and execution;
- Manage all stages of event process including but not limited to: invitations, logistics, vendor communication, and coordination, billing, and payment, follow up, etc.; and
- Track RSVPs and all event related correspondence.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general administration support to Executive Director and NEID Steering Committee;
- Prepare materials for quarterly Steering Committee meetings;
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for all NEID members; and
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; and
- Preference for two plus years of relevant work experience or the equivalent.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Able to take initiative and be resourceful; problem-solver;
- Be eager to develop systems and processes that improve communication and relationship building among NEID members and between members and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, organize and manage projects with multiple components, and implement complex activities;
- Have strong project management skills to keep team and committee efforts on track;
- Be effective at fundraising logistics and personal interactions;
- Be poised, welcoming, and articulate in interactions with other staff, members, and external stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact well with a diverse range of people and work as part of a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Have demonstrated experience planning logistically smooth events for groups of many sizes;
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products including Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, as well as Internet research and database management. Some knowledge of Salesforce preferred as well as with Canva, Adobe CC (including InDesign), Buffer, Word Press and Wix; and
- Interest and or knowledge of international development and philanthropy preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods;
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds occasionally; and
- Ability to set up an event space including moving tables and chairs.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
- New England International Donors
- Job Posting Expires On