As our Program Analyst, International LAC, you will manage information, processes, and selected opportunities in order to maximize Perkins internal efficiency and external impact for children in LAC. Building on Perkins' 100 years of impact, you will support our work to enhance access to education for all children with visual impairment and multiple disabilities.
As an organization, we encourage our employees to:
- Think Courageously: Pave the way for change. Be creative, curious & resilient. Challenge yourself to try, fail and try again. Think big and embrace unconventional approaches.
- Take Ownership: Don’t wait, initiate. Invest fully in your work. Own your choices. Deliver results. Have a bias for action and a dedication to quality.
- Be Collaborative: Create a diverse and inclusive community. Foster positive relationships. Communicate openly & respectfully. Build trust and operate with integrity. Be willing to disagree, commit and keep moving.
Across all departments, these actions are fundamental in helping Perkins achieve its mission of building a world where people with complex disabilities and visual impairments can learn and thrive. If these sound like you, we encourage you to consider a career at Perkins.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations include the following:
Streamline information and processes: (60 %)
- You will manage the flow of information and essential processes required for implementation of Perkins’ current work in Latin America, in order to maximize our impact for children. With guidance from our Program Manager of Latin America and the Caribbean, you will work to facilitate completion of essential tasks related to hiring, payroll reporting, grant budget tracking, approving and paying consultants, vendors, and grantees. Specific workflow areas include:
- Payments processing and tracking, and filing
- Contract approvals processing, tracking, and filing
- Monthly payroll report and adjustments
- Monthly expenditure reports by specific program consultants You will also streamline workflows and approvals and ensure complete, up-to-date documentation.
Support External Relations- (20%)
- With guidance from the Program Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean, you will support the Regional Director in representing Perkins in opportunities for sharing of best practices, networking and/or speaking at public events such as conferences, meetings, or publication. You will assist in preparation of materials and manage logistics including scheduling, travel, expense reports and management of new contacts
Other duties as assigned - (20%)
- Manage special projects as requested.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor degree with 3 years related professional experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write in Spanish in addition to English is a plus.
- Attention to detail and familiarity with quantitative documentation processes and analysis, including basic bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Experience and comfort working in diverse, multicultural settings. Respect and sensitivity to the challenges faced by children and adults with disabilities.
- Skill in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and a capacity and curiosity to learn new applications. Demonstrated skill in spreadsheets preferred.
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Job Posting Expires On