Portfolio Manager - Accion International
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 110 partners in 50 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
Accion seeks a Portfolio Manager to be located in either our Cambridge or Bogota office. This person will be an essential role in the Global Investments department. The ideal candidate has 7-8 years of experience. The position will report to the Deputy Chief Investment Officer. We are looking for a highly-motivated, passionate individual with strong analytical skills.
- Oversee and guide Accion’s audit process for its investment portfolio, including:
- liaising with AGI portfolio companies, Accion Venture Lab and Quona on annual portfolio company investment confirmations, valuation reports;
- reviewing and producing accurate and complete annual portfolio reports and valuations for Accion’s auditors;
- meeting with auditors in order to answer any questions on portfolio company financials, performance or valuations.
- Lead the utilization of eFront (investment management tool) as a portfolio management tool and repository of information, finding ways to decrease deal processing times, flow of information and financial reporting;
- Work with portfolio companies, ensuring the portfolio management system (eFront) has updated and accurate information;
- Liaise with Accion’s Finance Department (Controller and Treasury Manager), in order to streamline and improve the recording of transactions, collection and repository of legal documents;
- Develop policies and procedures to systematize department operations and ensure consistent and accurate record keeping and reporting;
- Review documentation before disbursal to ensure that all conditions for disbursement have been met and ensure that final executed documents have been received and are filed by Accion in eFront.
- Prepare financial models, projections and valuations to analyze equity investment opportunities;
- Provide insights on performance of portfolio companies and partner with CROs, Global Advisory Solutions, Investment Officers and portfolio company board members on implementing active portfolio management and helping identify and address portfolio company capital, investment and advisory needs;
- Research financial inclusion trends in the different regions in which we operate as well as provide insights into exchange rate currencies, macroeconomic, and political environments;
- Lead regional portfolio review meetings in coordination with CROs, Global Advisory Solutions, Accion Venture Lab and Quona in order to discuss portfolio strategy and implement follow-up actions at portfolio companies.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Around 7-8 years of progressive work experience in finance and/or investments, preference for experience with financial inclusion/financial providers;
- Understanding of private equity investments, portfolio management and software management, previous experience in those areas is a plus;
- Financial modeling and valuation analysis;
- Ability to work independently while working with a global team;
- Ability to collaborate across functions and groups;
- Ability to solve resolve or facilitate resolution to complex issues; think critically and suggest improvements;
- Cultural sensitivity with ability to interact effectively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and multi-cultural environments;
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP treatment of investments;
- Ability to apply judgment to identify what is urgent and important; prioritize and respond;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in English and Spanish required.
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change:
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
- Accion International
- Job Posting Expires On