Personal Assistant - Disability Rights Fund
The main objective of the Personal Assistant (PA) consultancy is to ensure that reasonable accommodations are met by providing logistical, technical and administrative support to the Program Officer (PO) for PICs.
About the Disability Rights Fund and the Disability Rights Advocacy Fund
The Disability Rights Fund (DRF) is a grantmaking collaborative between donors and the global disability rights community that empowers persons with disabilities to advocate for equal rights and full participation in society. We resource organizations led by persons with disabilities, primarily in Africa, Asia, the Pacific Islands, and the Caribbean, that are leading efforts to secure rights for all. The Disability Rights Advocacy Fund (DRAF) is DRF’s sister organization, supporting advocacy for legislative change. The Funds – which are based on a participatory grantmaking model – make modest grants to Disabled Persons’ Organizations (DPOs) in the developing world to advance the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), including in implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide personal and logistical assistance to the PO for PICs to attend meetings and events. This may include supporting the PO to:
a. conduct site visits;
b. attend Grantee Convenings;
c. support delegations to Geneva and elsewhere;
d. participate in the Conference of States Parties (COSP) in New York; and
e. attend staff meetings and retreats abroad, as well as other local, regional, and international events.
· Provide administrative and operational assistance as requested by the PO for PICs, which may include:
a. formatting documents and filing them online;
b. coordinating logistics for travel, meetings and events;
c. procuring office supplies; and
d. other tasks as needed.
Education and/or Experience
· 2-3 years of experience providing personal assistance to persons with disabilities
· 1-2 years of experience in an operational or administrative support role
· Experience in human rights or disability rights work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated knowledge of reasonable accommodations, and experience providing personal assistance
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
· Supportive team player and problem solver; self-reliant and results-oriented
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment with diverse populations
· Ability to travel, including in rural/remote areas of PICs and internationally
· Strong administrative and organizational skills; the ability to manage time efficiently and to prioritize
· General knowledge on UN Human Rights reporting mechanisms, the CRPD and the SDGs
· Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); willingness to learn additional applications (and accessible technology) as necessary
This is a part-time consultancy (with the potential to grow into full-time), and fees are commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resumé, cover letter and 3 references to [email protected]
- Disability Rights Fund
- Job Posting Expires On