Partnerships Coordinator - Found in Translation
Found in Translation was founded in 2011 in order to create opportunity at the intersection of two social problems: health access disparities and economic inequality across race, gender, and ethnicity. Through education and supportive services, we connect top talent in low-income communities with well-paying jobs in one of the fastest-growing fields in the US. Our Medical Interpreter Certificate training and job placement program supports our two-fold mission:
- To give low-income bilingual women an opportunity to achieve economic security through the use of their language skills
- To unleash bilingual talent into the workforce to fight racial, ethnic, and linguistic disparities in health care
The Partnerships Coordinator oversees a portfolio of institutional partners and stewards relationships key to cultivating resources such as volunteers, in-kind donations, and both philanthropic and fee-for-service revenues. Partners include clients of our in-house interpreter services, such as schools, clinics, law offices, and municipalities; corporations which support us through volunteering and sponsorship; and employment/career advancement opportunities for our graduates.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing, organized, energetic generalist who can transition seamlessly between a variety of tasks such as coordinating interpreters, supporting the professional growth of alumnae through their participation in Interpreter Services, following up on quality and satisfaction, marketing and outreach to cultivate new partnerships, stewardship to strengthen existing ones, and liaising with the appropriate program and development staff to connect Found in Translation to resources to advance Found in Translation’s mission.
This is a part-time (20 hrs/wk), hourly (starting at $25/hr) position reporting to the Program Director of Career Advancement. Some evening and weekend availability is required. This position is currently remote, but will eventually require in person availability at our Dorchester office.
- Cultivates relationships with institutional partners to advance Found in Translation’s mission, including program and corporate partners, interpreter services clients and more.
- Supports volunteer recruitment efforts
- Coordinates provision of interpreter services: serving as first point of contact with clients and supervising interpreters in job placement, and connects interpreters with in-house assignments
- Supports growth of interpreter services through targeted marketing efforts
- A genuine resonance with and commitment to our mission
- Education in business, marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience, including knowledge of one or more of the key areas of the function (volunteer recruitment, marketing, community outreach)
- The ability to forge strong, professional relationships with program participants from diverse backgrounds
- Preferred but not required: familiarity with the medical interpreting profession
Competitive pro-rated benefits package including generous paid time off, access to 401(k), transportation benefit and more.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kelly Lynch at [email protected] by February 26th.
Found in Translation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff to represent the populations we serve. People of color, women, immigrants, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Found in Translation
- Job Posting Expires On