Outreach Specialist – Refugee Employment Services - JVS Boston
We are looking for a qualified Outreach Specialist for Refugee Employment Services (full-time position) in our main office in Boston, MA.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Lead Career Coach in Refugee Employment Services, the Outreach Specialist:
• Conducts outreach and recruitment for the Together We Rise program as well as other Refugee Employment Services programs as needed. Outreach will be done by maintaining collaborative relationships with community partners, government agencies, and other entities to identify and enroll eligible participants
• Conducts direct participant outreach, to include attending community meetings, festivals and faith-based events
• Demonstrates strong networking, outreach, marketing, and time management capabilities, as well as exceptional communication skills and a strong commitment to the program mission and goals
• Outreaches comfortably to individuals who speak English as a second language, and being in communities where English is not the dominant language
• Provides support to the team through special projects such as coordinating new client assessments in individual and group settings
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree in Communications, Business/Marketing, Human Resources, Education, or related field or 3+ years relevant community experience is required
• Knowledge of community resources in Greater Boston along with web-based resources required
• 1-3 years of experience in community outreach and recruitment or adult basic education strongly preferred
• Excellent phone skills, including willingness to cold call organizations and individuals
• Strong organizational skills, including creating systems of work and organizing team efforts
• Flexible and adaptable with an ability to generate creative solutions to new problems or concerns
• Ability to work well under pressure, think independently and be a problem solver when challenges arise
• Comfortable traveling around the Boston Metro Area using public transportation required
• Bilingual, bi-cultural preferred
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of clients at all levels of the organization
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
Working Conditions: Regular local travel, evening hours and some weekend availability required.
To learn more about Benefits and to apply for the position, please visit JVS JVS Careers . Please send an email to [email protected] in case you have any questions.
- JVS Boston
- Job Posting Expires On