Haiti Projects is a 501(C)(3) corporation with focused initiatives to empower women of rural Haiti toward self-sufficiency. We provide access to jobs at fair trade wages, education, health care, and avenues for building sustainable community. Haiti Projects is located in the town of Fond des Blancs. We are currently the second largest employer in a region of Haiti where over 100,000 people live with no electricity or public services.
We also have a US operations side which is very important to the continued success of our organization. We are looking for an Operations Manager to oversee and implement this side of things. This role is very central to Haiti Projects and requires someone with experience managing fairtrade products, working with social enterprises and in-person fundraising as well as experience in communications and administration. The person in this position will also be responsible for managing the US side of our banking. The prospective employee will work closely with our CEO who is located in Haiti.
The position will primarily provide support to our artisanat project which employs over 90 women in the art of making embroidery. The artisanat program is also carefully intertwined with our clinic, library, sports and beekeeping initiatives.
Hours: This is a part-time position with flexible hours.
This position’s responsibilities will include the following:
· Provide support in development and implementation of business strategy, plans and procedures. We are looking for someone who will help us to improve our sales in the United States by expanding our online sales presence.
· Assist the CEO in decision making about products and business decisions, sales techniques.
Fundraising and Communications:
· Responsible for overseeing all aspects of annual fundraising event;
· Manage and write content for social media, newsletter stories, outreach and metrics.
· Manage any issue with the warehouse;
· Responsible for collecting and shipping orders;
· Maintaining accurate records. The person in this position will be responsible for managing inventory including keeping track of what is running out, what the women in Haiti need to make or stop making
· Reconciliation of credit card purchases;
· Mail tax receipts and forward invoices as required.
- Develop and maintain operations systems to continuously communicate, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures
- Maintain the system for monitoring vendor pricing, MoUs, contracts, agreements and other operational documents
- Manage relationships with and serve as key contact with key vendors, service providers and local state agencies
- Help recruit an assistant who will become responsible for shipping orders.
- Compile quarterly summary reports of sales. Make recommendations based on sales results.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has strong people skills and ability to communicate effectively across all mediums;
· Has business acumen with creativity and an ability to make recommendations about how to strengthen sales and then follow through with implementation;
· Has at least five years of experience in online retail management. Strong preference for experience in fairtrade/ social enterprises.
· Experience in international development, fairtrade or social enterprise.
· Is able to travel to Haiti on occasion for one to two weeks at a time.
· Is independent and self-driven. Must be able to work very independently.
· Sympathetic to the issue of women’s empowerment.
· University Degree with a focus on business administration, marketing or business management, or public administration or another relevant field.
· Knowledge of Haiti desirable but not essential.
Location: This is a remote position however successful candidate must be based in Massachusetts.
Apply: To apply for this position please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
- Haiti Projects
- Job Posting Expires On