Operations Associate - Tanzanian Children's Fund
TCF’s US office is looking for a dedicated and passionate team member who is willing to do what it takes to support our mission. As our Operations Associate, you would take the lead on all things operations, bookkeeping and hiring, and have a crucial impact on and insight into all aspects of our US office. If you are detail-oriented, highly organized and would like to support the well-being of our children and our community in Tanzania, please apply!
Reporting to the US Managing Director, the Operations Associate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining online calendar of important TCF-related events including grant and reporting deadlines, conferences, volunteer trips, donor trips, etc.
- Identifying best practices and improve internal US-based systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Managing the collection, tracking and timely distribution of in-kind donations via duffels including all acknowledgement of gifts to donors, coordination with volunteers and visitors for bringing duffels, and organization of donations that are stored in the office.
- Managing technical needs for the organization including website management, phone, email, donation page.
- Organizational Record-Keeping: articles of incorporation, legal, financial records, etc.
- Ensure timely responses to all stakeholders as primary contact for the organization via phone and email correspondence.
- Monitoring insurance policies to ensure our policies best fit our needs.
- Arranging domestic and international travel as needed for TCF staff and board members.
- Ordering and pick-up office supplies.
- Coordinating package and letter mailings.
- Filing and organizing program materials, communication, correspondence, etc. on Dropbox.
- Coordinating BOD meeting logistics: meals, parking, projector, collating materials for BOD packet.
- Formatting and collating quarterly US-based Operations updates, workplan and milestones for BOD.
- Working with the Director of the Rift Valley Children’s Village on job descriptions for expat staff and post job descriptions on all relevant sites. Working with US Managing Director when hiring for US staff positions and post on all relevant sites.
- Managing applicant review process and helping US Managing Director arrange for first round interviews.
- Managing applicant process including keeping applicants up-to-date on where they are in the process, putting them in contact with relevant parties and collecting additional information, as needed, such as references.
- Onboarding new employees: Send onboarding packet, collect signed contracts, passport and payment information.
- Communicating with volunteers and Tanzania-based Volunteer Coordinator regarding RVCV volunteer fees & duffels.
- Responding to inquiries and questions as necessary
- Recruiting, orientating and supervising US-based volunteers.
- Bookkeeping for Tanzanian Children’s Fund’s US books.
- Assisting with budget creation, financial slide creation for board meetings, and audit and tax prep, as needed.
- Coordinating vendor payments.
- Taking the lead in managing TCF Canada including:
- Working with our bookkeeper and auditor to complete all necessary filings.
- Managing Insurance contracts and payment.
- Leading donation processing and gift acknowledgement for all donors in Canada.
- Overseeing Canadian donation processing and compliance.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
PASSIONATE: You believe in children and their rights. You are passionate about creating a brighter future for generation of children living in Tanzania.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: You have meaningful work experience in administration, administrative support, or an office-environment. Travel and/or work experience in East Africa and/or experience working in the non-profit sector, are a plus.
WORK ETHIC: You are willing to work hard and understand that you may be asked to take on projects that require more than a 9 – 5 day. You are able to learn quickly, and adopt new technology platforms.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: You have a strong attention to detail and the ability multi-task and prioritize projects based on need and deadlines.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS: You are familiar with basic accounting principles and/or able to learn quickly. Knowledge of QuickBooks, or a related software, is a necessity.
STRONG COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: You are talented at communicating within teams, and in cross-cultural settings.
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: You understand people and are comfortable asking a stranger the tough questions that will determine if they are right for our team.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR CORE VALUES: Your work style is grounded in a sense of collaboration and mutual respect, and you operate from a place of compassion and empathy for your colleagues and with the families we serve.
FLEXIBILITY: You know how to roll with the punches, and can find the positive in even the most challenging situations.
EDUCATION: You are a college graduate with a degree in management, business, finance, international development or a related field.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your resume and cover letter through this link by December 7th.
- Tanzanian Children's Fund
- Job Posting Expires On