Operations Assistant - Nurturing Minds, Inc.
Nurturing Minds seeks a part-time, 15 hours/week, contracted Operations Assistant that will report to the Operations Director. The Operations Assistant will provide administrative support for Nurturing Minds as well as perform various day-to-day operations, event planning, and administrative tasks. The Operations Assistant will be an integral member of Nurturing Minds' Team.
About Nurturing Minds:
Nurturing Minds is a U.S. based non-profit organization that provides financial and technical support to the SEGA Girls' School in Tanzania with a particular emphasis on girls who are poor, marginalized, and at risk of becoming involved in exploitative forms of child labor.
- Take minutes at board meetings and some committee meetings. Share minutes with board members and advisors.
- Keep records on board voting.
- Maintain board and committee directory.
- Create annual schedule for board and committee meetings.
- Maintain and update database on regular basis.
- Work with the Executive Director to create and distribute weekly organizational update to board members and advisors.
- Send weekly fundraising updates to board members.
- Handle accounts payable/receivable, including receiving the mail weekly from Nurturing Minds' P.O. Box in Newtonville, MA, and depositing donations into Nurturing Minds' bank account.
- Enter online donations on a daily basis.
- Enter check donations weekly.
- Generate thank you letters to be signed by the Executive Director.
- Help create, track and send invitations to fundraising events and parties.
- Help to organize details of bi-monthly meetings of the board of directors and the executive committee, including two in-person meetings annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work at home with a space designated for Nurturing Minds, and meet once-weekly with Nurturing Minds staff in Newton, MA.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- This position may require lifting approximately, but not limited to, 40 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform position responsibilities.
- Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience: At least two years of direct/related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong word processing skills, strong grammar and spelling, attention to detail.
- Good communicator, written and verbal.
- A proven record of working successfully with various technology tools, particularly database software. Experience in fundraising software preferred. Experience in GiftWorks Database desired.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite; solid experience with web and email contact technology and programs; interest in and experience with social media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining focus, close attention to detail and skill in prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Superb inter-personal and relationship-building skills; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of board members, donors, and volunteers; must be comfortable interacting with different personalities spanning across the U.S. and Africa.
- Some night and weekend work required.
- A high level of integrity, respect for confidential nature of the work and extraordinary work ethic.
How to Apply:Please submit your resume, three references, and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than Friday, June 7, 2019.
- Nurturing Minds, Inc.
- Job Posting Expires On