One Health Postdoctoral Research Associate - Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University

 

Position Overview

The Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University is seeking applicants for a two year One Health Post-Doctoral Research Associate position. The One Health Post-Doctoral Research Associate will join the Department of Infectious Disease and Global Health (IDGH), which has programs in wildlife and conservation medicine, infectious diseases, and Global health. A key component of all academic programs, both nonclinical and clinical, is the field of One Health, an interdisciplinary framework that incorporates human and animal medicine with environmental science to improve health outcomes.

This position will be based 60% of the year at the University of Global Health Equity in Rwanda and the remaining 40 % at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.

Responsibilities

The Post-Doctoral Research Associate will be expected to:

●       Assist in the review and development of curricula to incorporate One Health across multiple disciplines;

●       Deliver courses in One Health;

●       Identify One Health research and grant writing opportunities;

●       Assist in the writing and submission of grants;

●       Participate in identified One Health related research projects, and in the development of One Health case studies;

●       Establish a repository of relevant One Health training materials; and

●       Support the One Health Fellowship program.

Qualifications

The ideal candidate should be a recently graduated DVM/MD/or PhD in Public Health, Conservation Medicine, Management, International Development, Environmental science or another relevant discipline. S/he must have knowledge and/or experience in One Health and be interested in expanding his/her knowledge in Global Health Equity, Social Medicine and Infectious Diseases.

A successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be willing to be based in Rwanda and to frequently travel internationally, and capable of working effectively with different partners to build capacity in One Health, all while supervising, training and mentoring students. S/he will promote a system thinking approach to problem solving through carrying out One Health research, teaching and service, and by identifying multidisciplinary field-based experiential learning opportunities for students. The One Health Post-Doctoral Research Associate will also be expected to contribute to expanding existing graduate and research programs in One Health at the University of Global Health Equity in Rwanda and the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine in Massachusetts.

Submit:

 

Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae, and at least one example of representative scholarship e.g. a peer-reviewed article to Dr. Hellen Amuguni, Assistant Professor, Department of Infectious Disease and Global Health, [email protected] The deadline for applications is December 8th, 2017.

Tufts University, founded in 1852, prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally and globally. Tufts University also prides itself on creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Current and prospective employees of the university are expected to have and continuously develop skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students. Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling Johny Laine in the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) at 617.627.3298. Applicants can learn more about requesting reasonable accommodations at http://oeo.tufts.edu.

Organization
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
Type
Full-Time
Job Posting Expires On
12/08/2017