Board Member - GRACE Cares
Board of Directors Member: GRACE Cares
GRACE Cares, founded in 2002, partners with local heroes and communities on small-scale community development projects with big impacts. Our mission is to empower communities around the world to foster, preserve, and share their indigenous cultures and traditions. This is accomplished by building healthy, educated, productive communities. GRACE Cares provides expertise, funding and support for health, education, cultural preservation and economic development projects. We are currently supporting six community development projects all over the world related to clean water sourcing, health education, community finance, education for children and women, and peace building through art. We welcome you to find out more at: www.gracecares.org
We are looking for candidates with nonprofit management and/or nonprofit finance experience to join our dynamic Board of Directors. Our Board Members have four primary responsibilities:
Mission: create/revise a clear, succinct mission statement that expresses the organization’s core values and reason for being.
Oversight: establish appropriate checks and balances, ensuring that GRACE Cares is well managed and that its mission is carried out.
Resource development: ensure that GRACE Cares has the financial and human resources it needs to fulfill its mission.
Outreach: connect with the external community in promoting GRACE Cares mission, values, and programs (e.g., recruiting new board members, volunteers, donors; and expanding the organization’s network of supporters).
1. Regularly attend quarterly board meetings, committee meetings, and mentorship meetings with project leaders.
2. Make a commitment to participate actively in board/committee work, especially in areas of expertise.
3. Volunteer at least one day each month (8-10 hours), and willingly accept assignments; members will complete tasks punctually and thoroughly.
4. Stay informed about committee matters, prepare for meetings, review and comment on minutes and reports.
5. Have a collegial working relationship with the Board that will contribute to consensus.
6. Be an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning.
7. Participate in fundraising campaigns for GRACE Cares by:
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with potential donors.
- Supporting GRACE Cares’ annual giving program by donating as generously as possible.
- Sponsoring and attending fundraising events.
-Bachelors in business, management, or a related field required.
-Masters in nonprofit management, nonprofit finance, or a related field strongly preferred.
-Minimum 5 years experience in nonprofit management/finance.
-Candidates must have excellent communication skills as the majority of work is done remotely/virtually.
-Passionate about GRACE Cares’ mission and impact.
Send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected] Please no phone inquiries.
- GRACE Cares
- Board Member
- Job Posting Expires On