Measurement, Knowledge & Learning Manager - Seed Global Health
Seed Global Health (Seed) envisions a world in which every country is strengthened by a robust health workforce to best meet the health needs of its population. Seed’s mission is to educate a rising generation of health professionals to strengthen access to quality care with a goal of saving lives and improving health. Seed is unique in its approach by focusing on the education and training of doctors, nurses and midwives. By training health care professionals and health educators, Seed seeks to empower current and future generations of health providers so that good health is not the privilege of a few, but the right of all.
Seed focuses on strengthening the education, practice, and policy of the local professional health workforce in Africa. Seed’s core strategy and primary entry point centers on placing skilled and qualified educators at partner institutions for a minimum of one academic year. Seed also supports educators and partner institutions through a diverse and complementary package of services aimed at advancing health professional education in the classroom and clinical setting. By investing in long-term partnerships for improved health professional education, we help to create a stronger, more sustainable health workforce that is both locally led and better able to meet local health needs.
The Measurement, Knowledge, and Learning Manager contributes his/her energy, passion, and skills primarily to supporting Seed’s measurement, knowledge management, and learning efforts in the US and abroad, in a fast-paced office during a time of rapid growth. This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA. The Measurement, Knowledge, and Learning Manager plays a critical role in ensuring Seed is able to robustly measure our work, and facilitates knowledge management and learning across the organization. This position reports to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and works closely with all US and field-based team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the implementation and ongoing refinement of measurement frameworks for Seed’s partnerships, working closely with Seed’s program teams to ensure indicators are meaningful and feasible
• Collaborate with colleagues in Seed’s country offices, providing technical guidance to ensure successful execution of measurement activities throughout the partnership life cycle - including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key activity and output indicators
• Develop and implement effective monitoring and reporting systems, tools and templates that systematically track partnership activities and outputs, including training materials and integrating technologies as needed
• Design and implement tools to capture and assess key aspects of the Educator lifecycle, in collaboration with teams across Seed
• Assist in providing data for donor reporting requirements
• Support the development of new projects and proposals, in conjunction with the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, to ensure quality MEL aligned with Seed’s MEL standards and practices
• Support Seed teams to measure, evaluate and actively monitor progress on key initiatives, as needed
Knowledge Management and Learning (40%)
• Contribute to the implementation of a comprehensive knowledge management strategy that enables Seed to collectively and systematically create, share and apply knowledge
• Collaborate with colleagues across Seed to design and/or facilitate tools and processes that enable teams to capture and use knowledge, identify learning and apply this learning to ongoing programming
• Capture, synthesize and disseminate results and learning from measurement activities, developing a knowledge base for improved understanding of Seed’s programming
• Translate data from measurement activities into infographic and summary formats that illustrate key findings for internal and external audiences, and support teams to integrate these findings (e.g., into communications materials, academic papers, conference presentations, donor reports, internal presentations)
Click here to learn more and apply.
- Seed Global Health
- Job Posting Expires On