Boston Network for International Development
Marketing & Operations Intern Job Description
The Marketing and Operations Intern plays a key role within BNID by developing and managing our storytelling efforts, including our blog, social media and website, and uses analytical skills to monitor and propose strategies to increase our audience and readership. The intern will also assist with ongoing projects and program/event management.
This is a part-time role that reports directly to the Programs Associate and works closely with the Executive Director, Board Chair, and other key Board members. Because BNID is a small and mostly volunteer-run organization, this role is part-time (~8-10 hours per week) and flexible (work remotely and on your own schedule).
Learning objectives and activities:
By completing this internship, the individual will gain the following:
Develop concrete marketing, leadership, and graphic design skills
Exposure to board and committee meetings
Guidance from the Programs Associate and other members of BNID
Ability to grow portfolio and gain tangible work experience
These learning objectives will be achieved through a range of activities, including:
- Social Media: Develop content and strategy for social media, actively engage with member profiles and grow following. Track and report engagement across social media platforms.
- Blog: Proactively develop stories by conducting outreach within the BNID community. Where relevant, support those who wish to write a blog post in the writing, editing, and posting process.
- Graphic Design: Use Canva to create eye-catching graphics for newsletters and social media.
- Member Directory: Support the development and maintenance of our online organizational directory, including a resource list of international development organizations in the Greater Boston area.
- Program Management: Assist with events, which will include digital “lunch and learn” sessions with academic partners, virtual networking events, and others. Work with Programs Associate, Board members, and Executive Director to design and implement programs.
- Maintain internal operations systems, including Google Drive.
- Other administrative and communications tasks as they emerge.
Time commitment: Approximately 8-10 hours per week
Award: $250 at the completion of the internship
Dates: May 2022 - August 2022 (Flexible dates - earlier start preferred)
Location: Interns must be based in the Greater Boston area
Skills and Qualifications:
Graduate or undergraduate degree in-progress or equivalent experience in international development, global justice, political science, or a related field.
Social media/communications experience
Graphic design skills (e.g., Canva, Adobe Creative Suite)
Strategic thinker, able to see and propose new ideas, offer creative solutions
Self-directed and able to work independently and with a team
Strong writing skills, including technical writing skills
Project management and event planning skills desired
Self-aware and reflective about the dynamics of international development and global justice
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by May 13. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
NOTE: We will begin interviews before the May 13 deadline and strongly encourage candidates to apply early.
BNID’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI):
As we work to improve our practices around diversity, equity, and inclusion at BNID, we’re interested in candidates who will be equally committed to our vision of improving our practices for racial, gender, and social justice. We value the leadership of People of Color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, disabled persons, and other marginalized communities, and encourage candidates who reflect all forms of diversity to apply.
Please direct any questions to [email protected]
*This internship is part of a training program, similar to that which would be given in an educational environment. The intern will work under close supervision of existing staff. The intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in training nor a job at the conclusion of the training period.
- Boston Network for International Development (BNID)
- Job Posting Expires On