Marketing/Strategy Consultant - Foodies Without Borders
Foodies Without Borders, Inc. is seeking Marketing/Strategy Consultant to join our Boston-based team which supports youth projects in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania & Zimbabwe. Our Programs are implemented in partnership with local institutions, individual supporters, foundations as well as partnerships with peer organizations on the ground. Our youth projects are designed to build the skills and strengthen the capacity of our beneficiaries ability to secure meaningful employment and setting up 1st time small businesses that impact entire families and communities at large. Program activities focus on developing strong skill sets and business acumen through shared transferable skills extended to our beneficieries by volunteer professionals from US, Europe & Africa. We strive to provide and achieve proven sustainable skills and service delivery at the community level in areas that include: education, youth development, community upliftment, literacy, entrepreneurship and "savvy" social media marketing. The Marketing/Strategy Consultant will assist us to design a strategy & marketing plan that will support and enhance our work which is already being implemented on location at our ongoing youth projects and ensure more efficient implementation as well as assist us in attracting new investors, donors and also increase our footprint globally.
- Have a general understanding of Foodies Without Borders beneficiaries, mission, goals and strategic areas of intervention;
- Support new business development ideas, track funding opportunities, assisting in production of proposals, and performing research for effective marketing strategies including creative funding ideas;
- Implement strategies that will attract investors, donors and volunteers into potential long term sustainable partnerships;
- Assisting with creative fundraising ideas within The U.S. as well as Africa.
- Regularly communicate with founder and field team to review outstanding issues and questions;
- Assist staff and beneficiaries in researching, planing and executing designated ongoing and proposed future projects;
- Research and stay current on relevant trendy foodie and, permaculture news that can assist in our overall marketing of our organization.
- Bachelor degree or Equivalent
- Strong interest in Africa, international foodie culture, travel, permaculture, youth empowerment or international development
- Strong networking skills
- Fund raising skills, grant and proposal writing a plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of an international team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to travel to Africa at least once a year
- Kiswahili, Arabic and Italian language skills are a plus but not a requirement
Volunteer Position with stipend commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters via provided email;OrganizationFoodie Without Borders, Inc.www.foodieswithoutborders.orgTypeVolunteerJob Posting Expires On01/04/2021
- Foodies Without Borders
- Job Posting Expires On