Marketing and Communications Manager - Komera
Komera is a small but savvy community driven organization focused on developing self-confident young women through education, community development and sport in rural Rwanda.
Komera is seeking a Marketing and Communications manager to join the Komera Boston team full-time starting mid-July 2019. The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for crafting compelling content and implementing a strategic marketing plan that drives Komera’s mission and supports the organization’s fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate for this role is a proactive, creative, and motivated professional who is passionate about storytelling and is compelled to support the mission of Komera.
Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Role: Full-time salaried role, $35-45k, commensurate with experience
Location: Boston, MA
Start date: July 2019
- Develop written and visual content for all donor-related and external communication materials, including newsletters, brochures, press releases, blogs, written appeals, and annual report.
- Create content and strategy for all fundraising campaign appeals, including online and print.
- Develop and lead digital strategy to maximize Komera’s visibility, including generation of online content that engages our audience and leads to measurable action, donor acquisition and retention.
- Create and implement an engaging social media strategy in Komera’s brand voice, and stay in the know with emerging social media trends.
- Manage website content and maintenance, ensuring programmatic updates, stories, and events are posted regularly.
- Support all Komera fundraising events with mission-driven appeals and creative content.
- Provide support to the Komera Boston team in all administrative duties including but not limited to processing and logging donations, generating donation receipts, and day-to-day general support tasks.
- 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or marketing, ideally in the social or nonprofit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree, or degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Proven ability to create creative, clear, and powerful written communications and develop marketing materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Strong storytelling abilities and ability to frame narratives to a wide range of audiences.
- Significant experience using social media marketing and strong working knowledge of core social media tools, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Highly motivated and driven
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
You'll Impress Us If:
- You have experience crafting content or stories for NGO’s working in East Africa or the global south, specifically in the education, community development or global health space.
- You have experience building or implementing a data-driven communications and marketing strategy.
- You are well connected in the nonprofit community and in-the-know with current trends and best practices.
Because we are a small team, each employee has a wide variety of responsibilities. We ask candidates to be flexible, eager to learn new things, and willing to engage in both high-level and entry-level work. Working with Komera is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth; employees are given significant responsibility and independence in their work and are mentored by colleagues, the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Komera. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested qualified candidates should apply by emailing resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
- Job Posting Expires On