This role was posted on September 21st, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health, we are all in this together. Do you have demonstrated experience innovating and sustaining talent functions in a multi-country organization with a focus on culture-building and policy development? If so, you may be our next Managing Director, People Operations.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Managing Director, People Operations (MDPO) will develop and promote organization-wide talent strategies designed to recruit, develop, and retain top talent and lead the People Operations team to achieve ambitious strategic goals. These key responsibilities will be reached by providing leadership and direction to People Operations team and organizational leadership on a range of talent functions, including recruitment, compensation, learning and development, workforce planning, employee relations, policy and compliance oversight, and organizational culture and engagement. Alongside the CEO and other executive office staff, the MDPO will be vital in advancing LMH’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) vision and ensuring that a DEI lens is given to all People Operations’ policies, trainings, and best practices.
The MDPO will manage, coach, and provide thought partnership to the Director of Staff Development, two Managers, People Operations, and the Manager, Compensation and Benefits. The MDPO also provides oversight and guidance to People Operations team members and their managers across the organization to ensure a cohesive understanding and implementation of LMH’s HR policies and procedures and the overall goals of the People Operations team.
This role serves on LMH’s Leadership Council, which steers the organization’s decision-making, strategic planning, and effectiveness.
This position is open to candidates located in Accra, Ghana, or on the eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have work authorization in one of the countries listed above.
What You'll Do
- Ensure all people operations systems, processes, and policies embody LMH’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals, align with our mission, and promote a strong culture.
- Provide developmental coaching and management to the People Operations team and ensure integration of HR, recruitment, and learning and development workstreams.
- Build and leverage external relationships with individuals and institutions that will result in robust talent pipelines, unique learning & development opportunities, customized benefits programs, and overall support to staff across the organization.
- Lead the development, refinement, and communication of employee policies and practices to ensure sound leadership application, strong employee awareness, and legal compliance.
- Develop consistent and sustainable employee relations strategies (problem-solving, mediation, risk management) that help to ensure staff well-being and generate trust in People Operations and senior management.
- Lead the People Operations team and coach individual team members. In collaboration with senior leadership in LMH’s program countries, provide strategic guidance and thought partnership for all People Operations teams.
- Work as a member of the Leadership Council to set and achieve overall organizational targets and priorities for ongoing learning and improvement.
- Serve as a thought partner to senior leadership in expanding DEI focus at the team and department level and support them to reach key indicators.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- Several years of experience in human resources functions, with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- In-depth human resources experience at a global organization, especially one operating in one or more countries in Africa
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources standards and practices, especially as related to policy development and implementation, standards for confidentiality and reporting, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to navigate complex processes, and problem-solve to negotiate and achieve consensus with multiple influencers.
- Significant experience in high-growth environments and helping to bring organizations and initiatives to scale.
- Excellent judgment around personal relations and ability to cultivate a warm and welcoming environment.
- Strong baseline knowledge of principles and human resources practices related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have professional experience in the humanitarian sector, with working knowledge of the international development space.
- You have cross-country people management experience
- You have strong familiarity with principles and practices of adult learning, motivation, and mediation
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: SLB-6
For all countries, the salary range is: $115,000 to $137,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: click here.
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On