Managing Director, Finance - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you a systems thinker looking to use your skills and experience to provide management and oversight of LMH’s growing finance team? If so, you may be our next Managing Director, Finance.
As the Managing Director, Finance reporting to the President & Chief Operating Officer, you will manage Last Mile Health’s (LMH) financial resources during an exciting period of growth and change as we continue to strategically expand our geographic footprint. You will have experience building teams and systems, leading maturation of financial management and operations that are fit-for-purpose and donor compliant. As a member of the Executive Management Group, you will oversee all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in conjunction with other executive leaders and the Board of Directors. You will directly oversee our accounting and financial planning & analysis teams in Boston and provide leadership and technical assistance to our finance teams around the globe. To thrive in this role, you will have attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve and prioritize within a dynamic work culture.
What You'll Do
- Manage and provide oversight to the Controller and accounting staff and build out the financial planning & analysis function, in accordance with LMH values and management practices
- Develop and innovate upon budgeting and financial analysis processes and models
- Lead the design, revision and roll out of new systems, structures and policies; manage communication and project plans to ensure thorough organization-wide engagement and buy-in of finance processes
- Leverage technology to maximize efficient and effective enterprise management, and recommend process and financial software improvements, as needed
- Ensure strong internal controls to maintain company assets and financial compliance with donor requirements
- Serve on the Executive Management Group, and support in setting organization-wide goals and developing strategies to meet those goals, while serving as a culture carrier, role model, and leader
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- A minimum of eight years of progressive experience in senior finance positions at complex organizations
- Quantitative analytical capabilities including financial planning, forecasting, modeling, and data analysis
- Strong management, coaching, and capacity building skills
- Working knowledge of non-profit financial practices and procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of state and federal rules and regulations
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
You'll Impress Us If
- You have previously worked in finance at an INGO
- You have a strong understanding of NetSuite
- You have working knowledge of USG funding and contracting
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On