Manager of Citizen Diplomacy Programs - WorldBoston
WorldBoston has been a nonprofit and nonpartisan convener on international topics affecting Boston and the world since 1949. Our mission is to foster engagement in international affairs and cooperation with peoples of all nations. By means of our nationally-recognized global engagement and citizen diplomacy programs and our networking and community events, every year WorldBoston provides people from all over the world – and people right here – hundreds of opportunities for learning and connection.
WorldBoston has implemented local public diplomacy initiatives since 1961. Today, we continue to facilitate international exchanges such as the Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program and Fulbright Visiting Scholars Cultural Enrichment Program, as well as Custom Visitor Programs. This year, WorldBoston will host almost 800 international visitors, orchestrating visits with professional peers throughout Greater Boston, along with logistics and cultural programming. WorldBoston is known for finding excellent and relevant interlocutors across a broad range of subjects. We are equally well-known for high standards in management and logistics, allowing Boston to rank consistently as one of the foremost cities in the U.S. in these types of programs.
The Manager oversees many aspects of WorldBoston citizen diplomacy programs, from creating and tracking proposals, to programming visits, to interfacing with visitors, and national programming partners in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the Manager coaches student staff who assist with these tasks. Reporting to the Vice President for Citizen Diplomacy, the Manager is a member of the management team and works to advance the overall mission of WorldBoston, often representing the organization in the community and with national partners.
· Project proposal writing
o soliciting projects to submit resource proposals and grant applications
o editing proposals for submission
o submitting proposals and grant applications to D.C.-based and other partners
· Programming citizen diplomacy projects
o coordination with D.C.-based partners
o communication with professionals in the Boston area
o arranging logistics
o participation in visits of international delegations
· Supporting new interns and volunteers in citizen diplomacy programming
o coaching as needed regarding project proposals and outreach to resources
o leading proposal writing training
· Providing content for social media and website on Citizen Diplomacy Programs
· Working with the Vice President of Citizen Diplomacy to maintain levels of citizen diplomacy programming
· Providing support to other programs involving international visitors, and to new programs as necessary
· Day-to-day office duties, including using Salesforce to manage contacts and programs
The successful candidate will bring the following qualities to the team:
· Commitment to and enthusiasm for international exchange and cooperation
· A passion for international affairs and nonprofit excellence
· Exceptional accountability and reliability
· Collaboration in a lively team environment
· Superior attention to detail and motivation for outstanding performance
· Initiative, creativity, and humor
· Ability to interact well with highly diverse international and local participants and stakeholders
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel (required); experience with Salesforce and desktop publishing software (e.g. Canva) a plus
· A bachelor’s degree in communications, international affairs, political science, nonprofit administration, or related field
· At least 2-3 years of professional experience; examples of relevant experience include, but are not limited to, organizing events and conferences, managing travel groups, and management of interns
· Foreign languages are a plus
· Availability to staff scheduled evening programs
· Personal goals to grow and take on new responsibilities in a small team atmosphere
Applicants should email a resume and covering note to [email protected].
No other email inquiries please – we are not able to respond to each application.
Telephone calls regarding this opportunity cannot be accepted.
- Job Posting Expires On