Impact Evaluation Intern - Last Mile Health
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Do you have experience in innovative evaluation, research, and improvement for global health programs? If so, you may be our next intern on the Global MERL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, & Learning) team!
Reporting to LMH’s Global MERL Coordinator, the Impact Evaluation Intern is responsible for collaborating with the MERL team to support the design of an Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocol and a survey to measure the impact of LMH’s work on under-five mortality in Grand Bassa, Liberia.
This position requires a commitment of ~40 hours a month variable by week depending on project implementation. The work schedule is flexible with hours to be agreed on before the internship begins. Term of the internship is 3 months with the possibility for extension. Last Mile Health will provide a compensation of $15 an hour or equivalent school credit for the duration of the internship.
Please note our US offices are closed due to the COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, this internship will be remote for the foreseeable future.
What You’ll Do
- External Advisors - Support organization of advisory meetings with expert consultants and the External Advisory Committee.
- Internal LMH- Build and disseminate regular study progress reports (weekly / monthly).
- Develop IRB protocol for US-based IRBs and coordination with University of Liberia IRB.
- Document study milestones, support progress tracking in a workplan.
- Support knowledge management of contextual issues surrounding the implementation.
- Work with Director of Liberia MERL, MERL data analyst and external advisors to update survey questionnaires for IRB submission.
- Work with the Survey Manager to iteratively strengthen training materials.
What You’ll Bring
- Current enrollment in, or completion of, a Masters degree program in Public Health or another relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of epidemiological and evaluation methods
- Experience with survey design and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience managing research or evaluation projects.
- Experience with IRBs
- Familiarity with statistical software package (R, STATA, SAS)
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting
How to Apply
Please use the link above to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On