Grants Associate - The GroundTruth Project
The GroundTruth Project, a dynamic nonprofit organization whose mission is to train the next generation of journalists to tell the most important stories of our time, is seeking a Grants Associate to join our Development team. The Grants Associate will join a fast-growing development team and contribute to an ambitious fundraising effort to raise $70 million over the next five years through leading national and regional foundations, corporations, and major donors.
This individual is responsible for identification of new funding opportunities, proposal development, grant reporting, and careful stewardship of GroundTruth’s institutional funding.
The Grants Associate’s Responsibilities Will Include
- Coordinate the grant process from prospect research to preparation of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports for timely submission as well as ongoing stewardship of foundations;
- Coordinate with finance on grant budgeting, financial reporting, and tracking;
- Building and maintaining systems — including our Salesforce database — to carefully track, acknowledge, and report upon grants (including data entry and analysis);
- Identify and research new grant opportunities for the organization and its partners to pursue;
- Support donor research functions, including producing institutional donor databases, and development of informational profiles ahead of key meetings and events; and
- Support other development functions of a fast-growing team as needs emerge.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
This is an outstanding opportunity for an emerging professional who seeks to make an impact and shares an interest in education, journalism, civic engagement and the issues GroundTruth addresses.
- 2-5 years of professional work experience in a nonprofit development role;
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development, prospect research, and narrative grant reporting;
- Working knowledge of donor management systems, preferably Salesforce, and some background in data reporting and analysis;
- Background and education in development, communications, marketing, social sciences, or business;
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to write on a deadline;
- Excellent attention to detail, especially as it relates to deadlines and time management;
- Ability to relate well to staff, donors, and board members and handle confidential information with discretion when necessary;
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment;
- A problem-solving mindset and passion for building things from the ground up;
- A sense of humor, creativity, flexibility and high standards in nonprofit excellence.
Housed within the offices of WGBH in Boston, GroundTruth has a lively headquarters; a prestigious Board of Director; a growing, talented and dedicated staff, and a timely mission and vision. The Grants Associate will be based in Boston, MA and will report to the Director of Development and collaborate with program staff and finance team headquartered in Boston and the leadership of Report for America, which is based in New York.
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
- The GroundTruth Project
- Job Posting Expires On