Global Advocate - Mama Hope
Mama Hope is a nonprofit that trains Global Advocates from around the world and partners them with visionary leaders in Africa, Central America, and India to build thriving communities. Together, they fund and build community-identified sustainable projects that meet fundamental needs in food, water, education and health care. Mama Hope is incubating future leaders and revolutionizing the way sustainable projects are funded.
If you want to get involved with Mama Hope and experience transformational work on the ground, then the Global Advocate Program could be for you. Global Advocates change lives and in the process are forever changed themselves.
The Global Advocate Program is a competitive, professional training corps that achieves the mission of Mama Hope through first-hand project development. Global Advocates participate in a carefully constructed program that provides instructional career training, real leadership opportunity and hands-on field experience that organizations and companies find so valuable.
The program lasts nine months and is built around three phases:
(1) Training, Fundraising, and Project Development
(2) In-Country Field Experience and Project Execution
(3) Program Management, Evaluation, and Reporting.
Timeline and Training
1. Training and Fundraising: The first 4 months of the program include virtual sessions on project development, human centered design, fundraising, marketing, Connected Development and more. Our training kicks off with a 5 day orientation, where Advocates will take part in compelling symposiums led by the Mama Hope staff, former Global Advocates and other nonprofit and business professionals. Right away, Advocates are paired with a project in Africa, Central America or India focused on one of Mama Hope's six program areas: clean water, agriculture and food security, health care, education, or youth development. During the first three months of the program, an Advocate's primary focus is running a fundraising campaign to raise a minimum of $20,000 towards their project. They will also communicate with their partner communities' leadership to formulate a detailed work plan.
2. In-Country Field Experience and Project Execution: During an Advocate's stay at their project site, they work alongside community leaders to oversee project implementation, document the progress of their program objectives and broadcast their life-changing experiences to friends, family and Mama Hope supporters with blogs, updates, photos, and videos.
3. Program Management and Evaluation: Returning Advocates are paired with new Advocates who have just joined the program. By sharing successful techniques and providing up to date knowledge of the project's progress, returning Advocates are able to facilitate a smooth transition and provide the constant contact their mentee needs to successfully achieve their objectives. At the end of the program, they will present a final project report qualifying their experience and demonstrating competence in project management and assessment. Advocates leave the program with an attractive resume complete with their recent training, skills and accomplishments, as well as professional recommendations and resources. This is sure to impress any NGO, graduate school, or corporation that they will apply to in the future.
Mama Hope has successfully trained Global Advocates from all over the world, including Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Brazil, Italy, The UK, Switzerland, Uganda and the US. Our Global Advocates have raised over $1.4M and impacted the lives of over 180,000 people to date.
Our next class of Global Advocates starts on October 19, 2017 (orientation week: October 19, 2017 - October 23, 2017 in New York, NY). Application deadline is September 8, 2017.
To apply, please visit http://www.mamahope.org/global-advocates/apply-now/
- Mama Hope
- Job Posting Expires On