Fundraising Manager - Acronis Foundation
Acronis is Swiss-Singaporean company that provides high-quality hybrid cloud cyber protection and storage. The ideology of Acronis is based on principles of reliability, security, neutrality and peacefulness. Acronis believes knowledge should be available to all. The founding principle of Acronis is the belief that all evils are caused by insufficient knowledge. To mark its 15th anniversary, the company expanded its commitment to knowledge by establishing a nonprofit foundation that builds a community of those who believe in the power of knowledge and supports initiatives designed to protect and spread valuable knowledge.
Acronis Foundation does that through its, program and through publishing the . New programs to be announced soon.
This highly visible and high impact role is enabling Acronis to become a strong, industry-leading corporate citizen by developing universities, schools in developing countries and educational programs.
The position is responsible for raising money for non-profit initiatives, such as Acronis School Initiative. You will need to meet donations targets by approaching members of the public (‘community fundraising’), high-value donors, companies, alumni, trusts and statutory bodies, or supporters leaving a legacy.
The position is reporting into the President of the Acronis Foundation and can be located in Burlington (Massachusetts, US) or Scottsdale (Arizona, US).
· Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organization
· Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and Executive leadership
· Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
· Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community, events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities
· Support the development of large-scale multi-country funding proposals to international funders
· Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
· Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
· Account handling: keep donors and companies updated on their donation scheme, progress and milestones
· Devise and organize fundraising campaigns and events
· 25% travel time required
Skills & Experience:
· BA or Master’s (preferred) in Marketing, Nonprofit Management or in relevant field
· A minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising is required
· Fundraising awards or qualifications such as the Certificate in Fundraising or a Diploma in Fundraising, or relevant coursework
· A strong track record of securing funding for charitable or NGO activities from a variety of funding streams
· Knowledge about fundraising for technical events and university and schools programs is essential
· Proven experience at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities
· The ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets is critical
· Prior experience in sales or marketing is a plus
· Experience in law or accountancy is an advantage
· Adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors and persuasively explaining their cause
· Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major donors and supporters, good network in the relevant area
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organizational and IT skills
· Passion and commitment to, the cause you are raising money for is essential
· Sensitivity to differences in culture and nationality with the ability to work closely with colleagues from across the world with a range of professional backgrounds
· Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours to ensure coordination with key colleagues in different locations and time zones
· Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines
How to Apply:
Please submit a full resume and a one-page cover letter (all in English) setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to https://www.acronis.com/en-us/careers/#fundraising_manager-burlington-usa
Closing date: December 31, 2018, at midnight EST.
Shortlisting is based on resume and cover letter. Successful candidates will be asked to attend the interviews in person or online.
Start day: as soon as possible.
- Acronis Foundation
- Job Posting Expires On