Field Manager - Dimagi, Inc.
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you identify with these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good and ICT4D space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
As a Field Manager, you will use technology to address the data collection needs of our partners. We are looking for an adventurous individual who is eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment. You will have the opportunity to support the work of frontline workers, become an expert on Dimagi products and technologies (like CommCare), and deepen the partnerships and projects that Dimagi deploys extensively throughout the world. You will be based out of Dimagi’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA with opportunities for frequent travel to the locations where Dimagi works, including projects in Haiti.
Field Managers are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, making things work in trying environments, and developing solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
Our Field Manager role is designed for adaptable, self-motivated people who are interested in understanding the practical application of technology in low-resource settings. They are public health experts, project managers, software engineers, consultants, researchers, former lawyers, and students. They can self-organize and self-manage, thrive on the intricacy and challenge of project management, enjoy travel and fieldwork, and function at a high level when interacting with existing and potential partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Tackle cutting-edge problems of scaling technology for development
- Gain exposure to some of the biggest mHealth projects in developing countries
- Join an execution-focused team that maintains a social culture. We are excited to come to work every day.
- Take part in a core role at Dimagi with a lot of room for growth, working from Cambridge, MA, with our global teams in Cape Town, Dakar and Delhi
- Manage mHealth projects and coordinate partnerships with various organizations including, private organizations, NGOs, the government in Haiti working in the fields of health, agriculture, education, logistics and more.
- Conduct technical needs assessment, requirements gathering and workflow mapping for a wide range of social sector programs, mainly health (e.g., HIV, Malaria and TB) and agriculture
- Design and develop mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare
- Train end users on how to use the tool effectively
- Deliver remote and in-person training to build the capacity of partners’ in-country teams
- Prepare technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids
- Provide programmatic support and monitoring of project activity
- Analyze mHealth data and develop data analysis tools/reports to ensure that the information gathered is meaningful and actionable to our partners
- Live in the Boston area, working with an international multidisciplinary team across the globe and travel to Haiti and elsewhere in the world.
- Be challenged & fulfilled
What You Must Bring:
- 1 – 4+ years of work experience
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Reliability, self-direction, and resourcefulness
- Ability to juggle many things at once
- Flexibility and ability to wear many hats / take on multiple roles
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural, distributed, and international team setting
- Fluency in English, Haitian Creole, and French (Note that this role requires leading meetings and conducting training exclusively in Creole and French.)
- Experience working in the public health sector and/or development
- The desire to travel abroad, particularly to Haiti.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Desire to make a social impact
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- 1 – 2+ years of business analysis experience
- 1 – 2+ years of project management experience
- Comfort with mathematics, statistics, or data management
- Familiarity with project management software( ASANA, JIRA, etc)
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of May 6th.
As a mission-driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is more in line with that of a non-profit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 100% employer sponsored Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Please apply at the link below with a resume, cover letter, and technical/non-technical writing sample.
- Dimagi, Inc.
- Job Posting Expires On