Please submit your application HERE.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Are you passionate about global health and have prior experience with digital data collection systems and managing technologing projects? If so, you may be the next Digital Health Coordinator on our Health Systems Strengthening Team!
Informed by over a decade of working alongside the Government of Liberia, Last Mile Health is partnering with countries to design and build community-based primary health systems. Since 2015, LMH has launched or is planning digital health interventions across Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, and Uganda. The Digital Health Coordinator sits on the Digital Health (DH) practice of the Health Systems Strengthening Team (HSS). The HSS acts as a hub to provide technical support to in-country digital health programs, teams, and governments. The Digital Health Coordinator will support partner coordination, DH Strategy and learning plans, and support system building in digital health interventions across LMH’s geographies.
This position is open to candidates located in Malawi, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, and on the Eastern seaboard of the United States (preference to New York City and Boston). Candidates must have the ability to work in one of the countries listed above. Please note that our US offices are currently closed due to COVID 19 and all US based staff are working remotely.
What You'll Do
- Support landscape assessments of in-country digital health by connecting team members to relevant briefs, documents, and global best practices
- Support country teams to understand their digital health hardware logistics needs
- Improve Global Digital Health’s cross-team coordination mechanisms, particularly between LMH’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, & Learning (MERL) and Education Teams
- Work with the Software Development Manager to generate software training materials for team members and governments to administer global software products
- Generate materials to train the government on how to create new courses in Moodle, how to administrate learners, and conduct data collection and analysis
- Support external global vendor engagement on project planning, contracting, and invoice processing
- Contribute to global technical working groups (such as Community Health Toolkit, group incorporating performance management elements into OpenSRP, and the Health Data Collaborative DC group)
- Debrief HSS and in-country teams on the latest business developments and software improvements to relevant digital health platforms and vendors
- Support the DH Director to facilitate LMH’s DH Advisory Committee and create documentation that helps LMH staff members understand LMH’s global DH strategy
- Administer and organize DH reports and technical documentation in the Global DH Drive ensuring in-country teams have access to relevant documents and support organize their information and versioning
- Work with DH Director of Strategy, MERL, and in-country teams to develop and actualize MERL plans for all DH activities
- Attend digital health conferences & virtual workshops and manage LMH’s Digital Health Literature catalog
- Conduct internal/external feedback surveys to assess challenges/success of LMH’s digital health work
What You'll Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, International Development, Public Health
- Experience with digital projects and digital data collection systems, ideally in healthcare
- Several years of experience in project management, including project coordination, and budget management
- Prior exposure to conducting agile management, requirements gathering, quality assurance testing, and user-centered design
- Demonstrated experience in public health/designing and deploying public health information systems.
- Ability to manage a considerable volume of detail and of accurately summarizing project status to executives and stakeholders
- Experience in improving project management tools and techniques to contribute to the management and optimization of multiple project teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing and tracking project budgets, forecasts, and schedules to achieve target scope, schedule, and cost
- Ability to maintain relationships by engaging stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have a certification in Program or Project Management
- You have working experience with Agile software development management, familiarity with popular digital software such as ODK, CommCare, OpenSRP, and DHIS2.
- You have prior experience with government and non-profit projects, demonstrating experience in large-scale technology initiatives in low resource environments
- Last Mile Health
- Job Posting Expires On